Chapter 52

Ten days. I was now ten days overdue with this large baby. Nothing was happening and I was beginning to go crazy. I was walking around the house in a polk-a-dot nightgown with a matching robe. I wanted this baby to come so bad because I was becoming more than impatient. It was almost as if the swollen belly and the rough kicks in my side were teasing me.

I sat down on the sofa, my hand cradling my large belly as I lowered myself down. I sighed heavily as I looked down at the belly. Each day since the week of my due date, I wondered if today was the day, but it was never the day.

"Stop giving your belly that look," Harry laughed as he stood in the hallway upstairs, buttoning up his shirt. "The baby's going to come when he or she is ready to come, Em."

"I'm sick of waiting," I pouting, leaning back on the sofa and staring up at him. I took in his clothes and furrowed my brows. "Where are you going?"

"I've been called to my office by one of my advisers," he sighed.

"Harry! I could go into labor at any second and you're going to your office?" I asked.

"Em, calm down," he sighed, walking down the stairs that lead into the living room. "I only told him to call me into the office if it was a dire emergency. We had several simultaneous attacks last night in various places over the kingdom. Your Mum was up north in Price, and apparently there was one there. They're safe, she called a while ago. She's heading back now," he said noticing the worry on my face. "I'll be back as soon as I'm done with everything."

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise," he said, leaning down and kissing my lips gently. "I love you," he murmured, his hand grazing over the surface of my protruded stomach. "And I love our love bug just as much."

"Okay," I smiled.

"If anything happens, send a guard to come and get me," he instructed. "I mean it, Em."

"I will," I nodded. "The way we're going, your child is not leaving any time soon," I shook my head.

"Just my child?" he asked, amusement clear on his face.

"Yeah, he's as stubborn as his father."

"So now it's a boy?"

"It changes day to day," I waved my hand. "Today I feel as if it's a boy."

"We could have found out," he noted.

"I know," I said. "But we can be as surprised as the rest of the kingdom. Now go save our country."

"I'm going," he laughed. "Don't you move, love bug. Wait until I'm back," he said, kissing my stomach. "I love you," he said, kissing my lips.

"When's my mum coming?" I asked as he headed towards the door. He glanced at his watch.

"They should be here within the hour," he said. "Mikey is with her," he said. "Mum and Gemma are coming here as soon as I leave."

"Joy," I smiled sarcastically.

"Have fun," he laughed, waving as he walked out of the door.

Moments later, I felt a twinge in my stomach causing me to caress the bottom of my stomach and closed my eyes taking in a sharp intake of breath.

"Whoo," I laughed, rubbing my hand over my belly. "Are you teasing me again or are you finally wanting to meet us?" I asked out loud.

The door opened only seconds later to reveal Anne and Gemma. I smiled at them as they both came up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Baby today?" Anne asked, her hand gently rubbing over my abdomen.

"No idea," I laughed. "I ask myself that everyday."