Chapter 37

I think you should comment throughout this chapter. I think there will be some surprises along the way ;) 

__________________________________________

The smell of food cooking woke me up, my stomach grumbled at the thought of food being cooked downstairs...and I wasn't the one cooking it. I looked to Harry's side of the bed and saw a note laying in his spot.

Happy Birthday, Em. I'm making you breakfast, so don't move. I love you so much ~H

I got out of bed and pulled on a robe and crawled back in bed per request. I pulled the duvet back over my legs and folded my hands together. My stomach growled loudly again and I pressed my hand against it, feeling the rumbling. I found myself telling Harry in my head to hurry up because the smell was making me hungry.

"Move out of the way!" I heard Harry silently yelling. "Phoenix, move," he huffed. I heard Phoenix whine and a slight crash from the hallway before Harry appeared in the doorway. He noticed me sitting in bed and smiled.

"Good morning, Em," he smiled, leaning down to press his lips to mine. "Happy Birthday," he whispered.

"Thank you," I grinned. "You made breakfast!" I said looking down at the tray on my lap. I briefly recalled when he undercooked bacon and almost killed me from cooking.

"I know what you're thinking," he said. "I made sure to cook it thoroughly. I checked."

"No help?"

"Nope," he smiled. "Eat up so you can go to the infirmary for your appointment."

"Is it bad that I don't want to go?" I asked, scrunching my nose. I picked up my spoon and stirred the oatmeal Harry made, stirring the bananas and blueberries in.

"But this is test number one," he grinned to me. "You could be pregnant," he sang, a dimpled grin appearing on his lips. "We might be starting the rest of our lives today."

"This is true," I nodded, looking over to him. "But I'd rather stay in bed for the whole day," I smiled. "You're serving me good food."

"I hardly call oatmeal and bacon good food," He laughed.

"Are you coming with me to the appointment?" I asked timidly.

"If you want me to," he smiled. "I'd be more than happy to sit there with you as you're examined."

"Thank you," I smiled. "I'm nervous."

"Because of the test?"

"Yes," I nodded. "I mean... I know it's probably going to be negative, we only just started trying."

"I know," he smiled. "But it doesn't mean it's something we can't look forward to."

"I'm trying not to get my hopes up," I said to him. "Because I don't want to be so excited to find out I'm pregnant that it's negative and be crushed."

"So you think it's negative?" he asked.

"If we're being completely honest, yes I do. I feel the same as I've felt the past several weeks, nothing has changed," I smiled. "So I don't think I'm having a baby just yet."

"But you're still getting tested just in case?" he asked.

"I kind of have to," I smiled. "So yes," I giggled, leaning over to him and kissing his lips.

"Now I'm nervous, babe!" He laughed.

"Babe?" I asked, looking at him oddly. He's never called me that. It was kind of strange to hear anything but Em coming from his lips.