Chapter 51

I was sitting in the living room, my feet both propped up on the sofa. I had a bowl of chips sitting on top of my mounding belly that would threaten to spill my chips when the baby kicked. I closed my eyes and chanted in my head: five more weeks. Five more weeks.

"Em," Harry called, walking out of the kitchen. "Your mum called, she said Penny had the baby."

"Did she?" I asked, craning my head to look at him. "That's exciting!"

"It's a boy," he smiled. "Are we going to wind up in this spell of boys. First there's Callie and Joe with Isaac. Now their little boy," he said, sitting beside me.

"Did they tell you his name?" I asked.

"Thomas George," he smiled. "Fit for royalty," Harry grinned, reaching over to put his hand on my stomach. I smiled at him as I grabbed a hold of a chip and popped it into my mouth.

"How you feeling?" he asked.

"Exhausted," I sighed, lifting the bowl off my stomach and setting it beside me. "I don't sleep anymore."

"I've noticed," he said with a raised brow. "You're quite restless and you wake me up when you roll over."

"Sorry," sighed. "I'm afraid it's quite difficult to manage the turning over with my wide load."

Harry wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest. His lips graced over my forehead kissing me gently. I exhausted a heavy sigh as I sat in my favorite place on this earth.

"Did you want to go see your new nephew?" Harry asked.

"Later," I said. "I'm sure Penny and Lucas will understand. I'm so tired, I don't even have the energy to move."

"Few more weeks, Em," he smiled, his lips tickling my ear as he softly spoke. "We can do something here. I left all my work up in the office, so it's just me and you, baby."

I smiled at him, glad that he wanted to have some quality time to just the both of us. I watched as his hand lazed trailed along the roundness of my abdomen. Shocks trickled up my spine as I stared over at my husband.

Looking at him, it was still hard to believe that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. We were tied to each other for the rest of our lives, and it made me feel so blessed. I looked forward to watching us grow old together and our baby, and possibly other children, grow up into beautiful beings.

Looking down at the swell of my stomach, it was still hard to believe that the baby within my womb was half me and half the man sitting next to me. My mind wondered what this baby would look like. Would its features take more of mine or Harry's. I secretly hoped the baby would look more like Harry. He was so exquisitely beautiful.

"You're awfully thoughtful today," he said, his hand reaching up to brush his fingers through my hair. "A lot on your mind?"

"The usual," I smiled. "What else would be on my mind?"

"No idea," he laughed, leaning over to kiss my lips. "Soon we won't be sitting ducks."

"I know," I sighed, letting my hands fall to my sides. "I am just ready for everything to be over. I want to move on from being pregnant. Now I'm impatient."

"Patience is a virtue," Harry smiled, cupping my chin. "Learn to utilize it," he smiled before pressing his lip to mine.

"I will once I have this baby," I laughed, gesturing to my stomach. "Distract me," I said, waving my hand around.

"With?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Not like we can have sex or anything."

"With your voice, smartass," I rolled my eyes. "What's going on outside?" I asked.

"Well, the rebels are starting to become restless and have started up some mild attacks again. We're talking about going after them in the next few weeks," he said and my eyes widened. "I won't, but the others will. I told them I have someone else to attend to," he smiled, rubbing my belly.

"I was worried," I breathed.

"I saw," he said. He stood up and grabbed the footstool, pulling it in front of me and he pat his thighs instructing me to rest my feet on his knees. He began rubbing my feet, the pain numbing, but disappearing as he buried the pads of his thumbs into the crevices.

"Niall and Eaton have stayed in hiding since the incident," he mentioned. "We have a team of soldiers around the area of where you were found. No word yet on if they found them."

"They probably took off when they realized I was gone," I said with a sigh. "It surprises me that nothing has happened."

"Stuff has happened, Em," he said simply. "You just don't need the stress in your life right now. Not after what happened when they took you."

I nodded, knowing he was right. I didn't need that in my life right now. But it took my mind off of what I wanted to end. Harry stayed silent, his eyes fixated on my feet, soft humming coming from him.

I loved listening to him as he hummed to himself. His voice was so beautiful, but he was so shy of it. He often hummed to himself or sang to the baby, but it was never very loud. It was more of soft whispers, but it was the most beautiful melody someone could ever hear.

His bright green eyes flickered up to my blue ones, his voice stopping once he realized my eyes were on his. I didn't want him to stop, it was such a lovely noise.

"Don't stop," I said, a smile on my face. "I love listening to you sing."

"I don't sing," he reminded me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You have a beautiful voice, H. Indulge me," I smiled, beckoning him to sing to me. He gently shook his head, his brown curls swaying with his movements.

"I don't like singing in front of people," he said with a shrug.

"I'm not other people, H," I said simply. "I'm your wife."

"I know," he nodded, a smile appearing. "But I don't sing in front of anyone. I only do it every once in a while."

I knew that already, but it didn't mean I didn't like the answer. I wish I could hear him sing all the time. From what I could tell, it was low and raspy. He had a natural talent for it and the only time I heard him belt out tunes was in the shower. Mind you, he always thought I was sleeping, but his shower singing was one of my favorite things to wake up to.

"You should do it more often," I smiled at him.

"I have a kingdom to attend to you know," he reminded me. "As do you, my love."

"But it doesn't mean a song can't escape your lips," I said as he stood up and hovered over me. "Hmm?" I asked.

He let out a low chuckle before bending down and kissing my lips.

"I love you," he murmured.

"I love you too."