Chapter 30

I rolled over on my bed expecting to find Harry laying beside me, but he was gone. I frowned, sitting up on the bed. He usually waited for me to get out of bed, but he must have a lot of things to do today. I know he's been stressing about the Gaelic meeting, but even then he lies in bed with me until I wake up.

"Good morning, Emerald," Trish smiled as she walked in. "Harry's already gone?"

"Yeah," I said, scrunching my eyebrows. "I don't know where he is."

She smiled as she put my dress for the day across a chair and set a pair of shoes on the floor. I sat up and brushed my fingers through my hair. I stretched my arms over my head, my back cracking in the process. I fell back against the mattress and let out a heavy sigh.

"Any plans today?" Trish asked.

"Not that I know of," I said. "I just woke up."

"Alright," she laughed. "Did you want me to stay or did you want me to come back to help you finish getting ready?"

"You can come back. I'll call you," I said. "It's no trouble."

"Okay," she grinned. "Let me know if you need anything at all."

I nodded listening as her shoes clicked against the cool floor. I pulled myself out of bed and walked to the bathroom to do my business. As I was in there, I heard the door open and Phoenix's toenails clicking against the hardwood floor. I knew Harry was back now.

"Hey," I smiled walking into the main area. Harry looked up at me with a smile. "Where have you been?"

"Took this one for a walk," he said, scratching Phoenix's ear. "I'm back now, though," he smiled leaning forward to kiss my lips gently.

Harry had a pair of dark brown pants on with a white button up shirt tucked into his trousers. I've never seen him dressed in clothes like these, but he looked beautiful, and I adored that he wasn't afraid to try something new. I grinned at him as he continued to peck my lips softly.

"I have news," he said.

"News?"

"Yes," he nodded. "This pertains to the thing we've been talking about lately," he smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"I'm listening," I hummed, looking up at him, my lip between my teeth.

"Well, it turns out we will be heading to Gaelic country a little earlier than expected," he smiled. "We leave tomorrow and return next Friday, the eighteenth."

"You're not-"

"I promised you we would try after the meeting. I am not backing down on my promise, Em," he said with a gentle smile. "I want to make you happy and by doing this for you, for us, I know it will benefit everyone."

"Did you move up the date?"

"No," he smiled. "I know it seems like it, but I honestly and truly did not," he assured me.

"Who is this man?" I asked, my hands resting against his broad chest. "Openly talking about the future? I don't even recognize this guy!"

Harry let out a soft chuckle as he pulled me into him, and kissed my forehead gently. I looked up at him with a smile.

"I like this me," he said.

"I do too," I whispered. "He's the guy I fell in love with."

Harry's impeccable green eyes scanned my face before he leaned forward and kissed my lips gently. I did mean what I said, this is the guy I remember meeting and falling in love with. The man who wanted to be better than his father, and I was starting to see him again. The man who cared too much.