Chapter 33

Don't be a ghost reader! Keep commenting! I love reading your comments!

______________________________

I paced around the room where I often sat with Anne and Gemma before I married Harry. I was meeting Bobby here within the next ten minutes or so. I was nervous to talk with him, but I was also glad that Harry is letting me do this on my own. Harry is working on our new room, or house, whatever it is. He wanted to make some small changes and we slept in our old bedroom. It was okay, but I was looking forward to looking around our new home. I don't know if you would call it a new home if it's an apartment within the palace.

"Your Majesty," Waters said, opening the door. "Mr. Bobby Horan is here to have a meeting with you."

"Send him in," I smiled. I turned towards the door as Bobby stepped through. "Hello Bobby."

"Your Majesty," he bowed.

"Enough with the formalities, you've known me longer than I've been queen," I smiled. "Please," I said gesturing to the chair. "Do you have any idea why I wanted to meet with you?"

"I'm assuming it's about your recent venture to my homeland?" he asked. "You met with King Leopold and Willard I'm assuming."

"Yes," I said. "These attack, Bobby...do you know anything about them at all?"

"No, I'm afraid I don't, Emerald," he said. "I brought my boys here to live a peaceful life and work the farms. King Desmond himself asked if I could come over to work the lands. He paid for my home and everything. I was one of the best farmers in Souther Gaelic kingdoms."

"King Desmond?"

"I would never leave my home if I wasn't promised a better life for me and my boys," he said. "King Desmond promised me a happy life with my crops and I eventually expanded to fruits and such, as you know. Ula was the best decision I could have made, so I assure you Emerald, I have no intentions of ever hurting my home in this way. I have friends and family here, I have grandchildren now as well through my eldest. I don't want to hurt this country."

"I know, Bobby, I know," I said, resting my hand over his shaking one. "Bobby, have any of your sons been in contact with your ex-wife?"

"Not that I know of," he said. "Why?"

"We believe there's someone leading these attacks from within the kingdom and outside the kingdom. We're trying to find the inside source," I explained. "Do you know anyone else in Ula from Gaelic country?"

"No, I'm afraid not. You don't think it's one of my boys do you?" he asked.

"I don't know for sure, Bobby," I said. "King Leopold and Willard are also trying to find their inside source because it's someone who wears a Northern Gaelic uniform. As Willard informed us, it's how he took most of the land so they're working together to figure out who it is."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it were Maura," Bobby said with a sigh. "Willard used her as a seamstress during the rebellion in Gaelic Country. She's not right in the head, and when I left with the two boys, it probably broke her even more."

"Willard says she's finally happy again. Just in recent years," I said.

"The only way she would be happy is if she got in contact with one of the boys," he said with wide eyes. "I have to talk—"

"Bobby, Bobby, listen to me," I said. "You must not ask either of your sons about this," I said, taking his hands in mine. "We don't want to tip them off that we know of this, okay? You're going to go home and live like you normally do. However, we're going to need you to do some things for us as well," I said.