Chapter 46

I stood in front of the mirror as Trish adjusted my floor length gold gown. Her delicate hands tugged at the material gently, straightening it out. I looked at Harry in the mirror who stood against the door frame watching me with his arms crossed. His hair was brushed back by Trish, held still by hair gel and hairspray.

"I can't believe it's almost Christmas," Trish said, shaking her head as she made small talk in the silence. "Hard to believe after the year we've had."

"I know," I laughed. "But we can take this year from our lives and move forward. We can become better people from this."

Trish stood up to examine me, a smile appearing on her gentle features. She tugged at the fabric at the top of my stomach so it fell evenly around it. She then pulled at the sparkly bit that covered my breasts up.

"Does that look good?" she asked, turning to Harry.

"Why are you asking me?"

"You're in the room, dear," she shook her head. "Men."

"You're telling me," I laughed lightly. "It looks fine, Trish," I assured her as her hands fumbled against the dress again. Her hands smoothed out the fabric against my bump.

"Someone's busy in there," she laughed, glancing up at me.

"All the time," I smiled. "Sleep is becoming even rarer."

"Good luck then," she laughed. "Perrie's become restless as well. Though it must be in part due to my son, but she's also close to her due date."

I nodded, unsure of what to say to her. I wanted to console her and tell her everything will be alright. I didn't know how, though. I was at a loss of how to even connect with this woman anymore. I cared for her deeply, but I didn't know how to even begin to be on the same page as her anymore.

"Try having that belly in your side all night," Harry laughed. "I get punched in my sleep."

"I bet you do," Trish smiled. "Have any names picked out for the little one?"

"We have a few ideas," Harry smiled, smirking at me. "It's a lot harder when you're picking a name for a future King or Queen."

"I imagine so," Trish nodded. "Don't name your baby Mary or John," she sighed.

"We don't plan to," I giggled. "We weren't fans of those names."

"Good," Trish laughed.

"Guys! The ball is waiting for all of us! Or are we dropping a bomb up there?" Gemma called up the stairs. "Because it's a little early for that."

"Trish is just finishing up Em's dress," Harry said softly, turning towards his sister. "Have a little patience, will you?"

"I want to get my party on," she smiled. "I have to party for my sister-in-law too. No drinky for you!" she said, walking into the room and poking my belly.

"I take it you've had a few drinks already?" I asked, pushing her hand away from me.

"No," she said, drawing out the o on her answer.

"I can smell the peppermint Schnapps on your breath," I said with a raised brow.

"It's Christmas," she shrugged. "Say, is your brother going to be here? The single one."

"Michael is the only single one," I giggled. "Yes, why?"

"No reason," she giggled, turning towards Trish. "I plan on sleeping with him tonight," she whispered loudly, covering her mouth as she giggled. I looked at Harry with wide eyes.