Chapter 21

I was awoken to a large burst of light entering our bedroom. I groaned, burying my face in Harry's bare chest. His hand wrapped around my back, squeezing my shoulder gently. I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to be greeted by the morning sun.

            "Did a little drinking last night did we?" Trish asked, a laugh evident in her voice. I squinted my eyes open to see her holding all of our clothes. "You two are usually so tidy."

            "Thanks Trish," Harry groaned stretching his arms.

            "I'm not usually here to see a couple after a fun night. You both are usually in your nightwear," she laughed. "At least we know you don't plan your intercourse."

            "Again, thank you," Harry said, waving his hand about in the air. "Go join the club that currently consists of the women in my side of the family."

            "Yes, I did hear about that," Trish laughed. "I think it's rather amusing."

            "Of course you do," he sighed. "Can we get dressed or are we stuck in our bed for the rest of the day?"

            "I like to make you squirm," Trish said walking over to pinch his cheek. He swatted her hand away with a laugh. "Shall I tell your mother you will be dining in darkness today?"

            "Not those words, but yes," I said against his chest.

            "What my wife said," he chuckled. "Bye Trish."

            "I'll see you both in one hour. No funny business," she said waving her finger.

            "We're married!"

            "It's a busy day!" she called as she left the room.

            I sat up in the bed and rubbed my hands over my face. Harry let out a loud gran as he stretched his arms over his head. Harry got up out of the bed and grabbed the clothes Trish set out for him. He brought me my clothes as well. I thanked him as I ran my hands over my face repeatedly as I tried to wake up.

            "Today is going to be a long day," I said flopping down on my back and watching Harry get dressed. "Like the world's longest day ever."

            "I know," Harry sighed. "My head is pounding, and I thoroughly regret drinking as much as I did last night."

            "I know," I said with a laugh. "I never drink that much. But the Duchess drives me crazy. Her snide comments is what made me keep the wine coming."

            "No kidding," Harry said crawling onto the bed and hovering over me. "But at least we both made fools of ourselves last night."

            "That is true," I nodded. "I have so much stuff to do today for the summer festival," I groaned. "Can't we stay here all day?"

            "I don't think the women would like that," he said, a coy smile playing on his lips. "But I would very much like to stay here with you in bed all day."

            "I know you would," I teased poking his chest. "Because sex seems to be what consumes your mind."

            "You're the only thing that consumes my mind," he told me kissing my lips gently. "You're the only thoughts I could ever bear to think of. I love you more than you can even begin to imagine, Emerald Styles."

            "I like when you call me that," I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's better than Your Majesty."

            "I like how you have my name as well," he grinned, rubbing our noses together. His long hair tickling my cheeks as I looked up at him with a smile on my face. His side smile wide, the single dimple indented into his left cheek.