Chapter 13

Comment please :D We were SO CLOSE to 200 last time (30 comments off!!!)! So please leave your feedback!
_______________________________________________

The next morning I sat in the room in one of the white chairs watching as Harry washed his face. His eyes stared at me in the mirror as he wiped the excess water on his face. He turned around and leaned against the counter in the bathroom.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Just this whole thing with the invasions. It's getting to be a lot."

He furrowed his brows and stepped towards me. He crouched down in front of me, his hands resting on my knees as his eyes bore into mine.

"Em," he said softly. "Is that really all it is?" he asked.

"I'm scared," I shrugged playing with my fingers. "I'm scared of losing something close to my heart. It's like I could lose you or a member of my family at any second."

"That won't happen, Emerald," he assured me. "Even if it did, I will stand right by your side and make sure we get through it; together."

I smiled at him gently. His eyes held some sort of tiredness in them. He was tossing and turning a good deal of the night so I know he didn't sleep well. Something was on his mind. I reached to his face and rested my hand against his cheek. His head leaned against my touch.

"How do you know me so well?" he whispered.

"I'm married to you, that's why," I said. "What's wrong?"

He looked down at my lap and closed his eyes. He dropped onto his knees and buried his face into my lap as he began to shake. I was surprised at the sudden burst of tears, but wrapped my arms around his broad torso. Harry clung to me, his tears dripping down and colliding with my skin.

"What is going on beautiful?" I asked, running my hand through his hair. He licked his pink lips before taking in a shaky breath.

"I-I- I don't even know," he said falling to the ground on his bum. He brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them. "I feel like everything I do to stop the attacks fails. I have no f.ucking clue what I'm doing."

"No one does," I said. "It's something we learn over time. We make mistakes, and we learn from them. Don't think you're failing the country, you're doing the best you can."

Harry's hands went to his hair brushing it back, shaking the hair out as he brushed it. His green eyes looked at me with such sadness. This was something I never expected from my husband. I only ever expected him to be happy and so sure of his decisions on the kingdom. He's always been so sure of it all. What's the change?

"Where's your things?" I asked. Harry pointed to the bedside table. I got up and grabbed his bag.

I sat down on the ground with his bag and began pulling everything out. He was looking at me with a confused look. I tucked my legs underneath me and began organizing all of his papers that talked about military strategies and war plans. Harry didn't utter a word as I did this because I don't think he knew what to say.

"What are you doing exactly?" he asked me after I started reading through his notes, and scribbles.

"I'm helping you," I grinned filtering once more through the papers. "You're afraid of screwing up, and I'm here to help you. Isn't that what we wanted? Me and you working together for the good of our country?"

"Yeah," he nodded looking down at the organized papers. "I don't know what you're going to find that I haven't."

"I haven't looked at any of this stuff before, and I'm only reading the titles of the papers you have. Tell me what you have seen already," I said. Harry let out a deep breath. "Without looking over the papers."