Chapter 38

Comment as you go through :D

____________________________________

The gown Trish and her daughters made for me was the most elegant and comfortable gown I could ask for. The fabric was a navy blue color with silver glitter up top spreading to the bottom part. It was truly magnificent.

I stood in the bathroom by myself, the beautiful gown hanging on the glass of the shower. I was in my strapless bra and underwear standing in front of the mirror. I turned to the side, examining myself to see if there was any indication of the growing life within me. The bottom portion of my stomach was slightly protruded. It wasn't one of those things that people would notice if they didn't know.

"You alright in there Emerald?" Trish asked. "Do you need some help?"

"Just a minute," I said, puling the dress off the hook. I pulled it up and held it up and opened the door. "Zip me up?" I asked her. She nodded with a smile, her hands gliding up my back. Harry stepped out of the bedroom, his eyes looking to me knowingly. I smiled at him as he came over to me with my shoes, he put them on the ground in front of me, holding his hands out for me to take as I stepped into the shoes.

"Your first birthday ball," Trish smiled, her hands messing with my hair for a few moments. "Exciting?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Not nervous?"

"No," I shook my head, looking at Harry with a smile. Trish looked at me.

"What?" Harry asked her. "She can't be nervous?"

"Not when you two are up to something," she shook her head. "But I won't ask."

"We're not up to anything," Harry laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "We're happy as clams we are."

"Clams?" she asked.

"It's my wife's birthday, let her enjoy it instead of taking the mickey out of her," Harry said kissing my temple. I smiled at him, he was all smiles and I was so happy that he was happy about it.

"You two should be downstairs in twenty minutes," Trish said, looking at her watch. "I need to help Anne with her necklaces."

"Alright," Harry nodded, as Trish left our apartment. Harry took my hand and we walked down the stairs. "I can't wait to tell everyone, Em."

"Me too," I smiled. "I don't know if I can keep it from them much longer."

"I know," he smiled. "So tonight, don't drink anything but what I give you."

"I know," I rolled my eyes. "Geesh, I'm not completely stupid."

"I know you're not, love. I just don't want anything happening," He smiled, pressing his lips to mine. "We want our little love bug to grow big and tall."

"We do," I smiled. "It still doesn't feel real, H. This whole day feels like a dream."

Harry smiled, his hand raised to my cheek giving it a gentle pinch.

"If you felt that, then everything today has been real. We're having a baby in May," he grinned widely. "May seems so far away."

"I know," I smiled. "But I can't wait."

"Neither can I," he grinned, leaning in to kiss my lips.

"Hi family!" Gemma greeted, walking in clad in her gold colored gown. "Wow, this situation almost brought me back to a few weeks ago when I found you two mid coitus."

"Shut up, Gemma," Harry sighed. "Why do you have to say that?"

"Because it's my job as your older sister to annoy you," she shrugged. "But you two look fantastic, all giddy. You two just had sex didn't you?"