Chapter 32

We were sat around a large circular table in a grand hall. The lighting was dark, but not a creepy sort of dark. It was dim lighting with the focal point of light being directed on King Leopold himself. I'm sure this room was set up in a way that this focal light was purposeful making the king the center of attention amongst a circular table.

Harry was beside me with stacks of papers neatly put out in front of him, open and with colored tabs sticking out of them. He had six pens lined before him, all different colors. One black, green, blue, red, pink, and orange pen. He had them lined up, each one spaced evenly apart. Harry's green eyes darted to each of the folders before him making sure everything was in order.

"Right," Harry whispered, turning to me. "I have this outline for you. Do not venture off of it, if things work out well, this should help us."

"You can't plan things out Harry," I whispered. "Some things just aren't mean to be planned."

"This has to go to plan," he explained.

"I think I can handle my own," I smiled, putting the outline on the table where it previously was. "What's an adventure if you're not allowed to steer off the page?" I smiled before King Leopold stood up, his chair dragging across the wood floor of the room.

"Good afternoon," he announced. "Welcome Willard, leader of Southern Gaelic country. Also, welcome King Harry and Queen Emerald of Ula," he said, clapping his hands together. "These are my accomplices, Theodore and Jonathan."

"King Harry, you are the one who ordered this meeting," Willard spoke up, his voice sounding lazy, his posture reflecting it. "Why?"

"Willard, I do believe some Gaelic people are attacking our home," Harry explained coolly. "They are wearing the—"

"Anyone can simply make a Gaelic uniform. Just need some thread, needle, and a cloth. How do you think I overthrew over half the Gaelic country?" he laughed, looking over to King Leopold.

"I don't think you—"

"Willard," I interrupted. "We believe very strongly that these people invading our country are set on a mission of breaking up our lands. We've lost hundreds of people in the attacks and we have reason to believe either your people or King Leopold's people are behind these attacks. Before you start arguing, we do not believe either of you yourselves are behind these attacks, but we do believe your people themselves are the organizers."

"My people?" Willard asked. "My people wanted a life of freedom away from King Leopold's taxes. I gave them freedom from taxes. We farm the land and live easy lives. I think you have the wrong people."

"You farm the land?" I asked. "What sorts of crops?"

"Oh everything, m'lady," he laughed. "We've got fruit, vegetables, flowers. Everything our land can grow, we do grow it."

"Most popular crop?"

"Oh! The potato," he laughed.

"Queen Emerald, I don't find the importance of this," King Leopold said, interrupting me.

"Yeah, I'm confused," Harry said. I ignored the two men.

"Willard, did you happen to have any members of your people move from Southern Gaelic country to Ula?" I asked.

"Em, what is happening?" Harry whispered.

"Oh, sure, they come and go as they please," Willard said, his accent thick and heavy. "We lose people to Ula all the time. Something about the beauty of your country or something."

"If I may, I need to speak with my wife in the hallway," Harry said, standing up. "Excuse us, please." Harry pulled me up from the elbow and out the door.