Chapter 44

I wandered around my kitchen early that morning baking. I wasn't able to sleep last night, Harry was tossing back and forth all night. It was growing harder to be comfortable at night now with my ever expanding waistline. I'm most comfortable with my back to his chest and his leg between mine.

After I decided that enough was enough, I came down at five thirty this morning. It's now eight and I've already baked a cake and now am frosting it.

"Good....morning?" Harry asked, coming down the stairs with a confused look on his face when he saw what I was doing. "How long have you been up?"

"Almost three hours," I said with a shrug.

"Why?" he asked, sitting at the barstool behind the counter.

"I couldn't sleep," I said looking at him with raised brows.

"Was I at fault or something for your lack of sleep?"

"Why else would I look at you?" I laughed. "Of course it's your fault."

"Is the baby keeping you up?" he asked, grabbing an apple from the basket as he nodded his head towards me.

"No," I shook my head. "It's most definitely you. Being pregnant doesn't help, but definitely you."

"What did I do?" he asked, throwing his arms up. "I sleep. I don't do anything."

"For one, it's growing harder to find a comfortable position for me to sleep in. I fall asleep fine when we go to bed. However, lately you've acquired the habit of tossing and turning in your sleep and it causes me to not sleep."

"Have I?" he asked. "I had no idea."

"Of course you didn't, you're sleeping," I rolled my eyes. "Is it the attacks?"

"I suppose so, yeah," he nodded. "So much stuff is happening lately that I feel a little stressed. Waters and I are figuring out who let the rebels into the castle, I'm trying to find out more about Niall, and everything with us. Oh, and taxes are coming up and I have to go over the stuff for that."

"You know you can talk to me about things," I said to him.

"I don't want to stress you out, Em. You've got enough on your plate," he smiled, hopping off his chair to throw away his apple core. "You're growing a life, I think that's enough for you to worry about."

"I sit here, bake, and worry about Trish and her girls. I think I want something to do," I laughed. "I need something to occupy my time lately. I'd take up gardening, but I can barely bend over anymore."

"I helped you get dressed yesterday," he said, walking up to me and resting his hand on the swell of my stomach. "Fun times."

"I hate that I can't see my feet anymore," I said to him.

"You will in about four months," he said with a grin. "We'll be a little tired, but everything will be back to normal. Or as normal as it gets for us."

"We still need to talk about what we're going to name our son or daughter," I said to him as he opened the fridge. "That's mildly important."

"I know," he nodded. "It has been on my mind. I will tell you what I thought about names," he said, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "If it's a boy, I want a traditional name like James or Henry or something. Those are strong names and I have a traditional name myself."

"Okay," I nodded.

"If it's a girl, which I think it will be," he said, one of his hands trailing to my belly. "I think she should have a name that's non-traditional. I want to change it up a little bit, give her something other than Elizabeth. There's been centuries of Elizabeth's and Anne's in my family, but I want our daughter to have an elegantly beautiful name," he explained, kissing my cheek.