Chapter six - Engagement

George was bored out of his mind.

Dream had been gone for about five hours, And though George was very use to being alone, it didn't mean he liked it! He had read every single book in his room at least five times. And George had around two thousand books. Maybe he should count how many he has exactly. And organize them all.

Yes, that is what he will do.

So George got to work, pulling all the books off the shelves and making a neat little pile in the middle of his room. He had been doing this for about half an hour when he got a knock on his door.

"Come in!" George said cheerfully. To his surprise, the man in his doorway wasn't Dream but some other Knight. "What do you want?" It was never a good thing when someone was sent to talk to him.

"The King requests your presents in the dining room."

George hadn't eaten all day and wouldn't get food for a month. His punishment for trying to run away. So why did his father want him to come to dinner?

George would not get his hopes up. The King probably just wanted to force him to watch as he ate a grand meal. To inflate his ego or something.

George followed the knight down the halls and into the dining room. The King was sitting at the head of the table with way too much food for just one person. George took his seat next to his father on his right-hand side.

"You asked for me father?" George said well staring at some flowers in the middle of the table.

"Some interesting things have happened, George."

George hated when the King called him by his real name, He always said it with such disgust.

"Ever since you're little trip to the village, people have been talking about your beauty. Which you stole from my wife. But the news has gotten to the neighboring kingdoms and they all seem to have taken a fancy to you. We have received many marriage proposals from Princess to Kings!" The King sounded excited for once. "I got married when I was sixteen so you are long overdue. I have gone over all the offers and picked the person I thought would be best to join allegiance with. King of Kinoko Kingdom. With his army on our side and his riches, we will be the strongest kingdom by far! Finally, your life is not meaningless to me!"

I'm going to get married? I wonder what that will be like. Will I have someone to talk to? Will I finally be loved? George smiled at himself. His life was about to change.

"You will be heading to his kingdom in the morning. To meet the King and plan for the wedding, you'll be staying there for about a week. I will send your personal knight with you along with some others. So eat and get a good night's sleep. You need to look your best for the King of Kinoko. Don't let me down, Do you understand me?"

George nodded his head and started to eat. I hope the King of Kinoko Kingdom is nice. I can't wait to tell Dream!

After Supper George was escorted back to his room. He looked around but there was still no sign of his knight. So George got ready for bed, he brushed his teeth and washed his face then slipped on a pair of cozy jammies. They were a silk navy blue. As he walked out of the bathroom he saw Dream lying on his bed.

"Dream! You're back!" George run-up to the bed and jumped on top of Dream.

Dream giggled, "What the heck! Get off of me!"

George sat up and looked at Dream who was still lying down, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too! Sorry, it took me so long to come back, my sister was trying to stab me with a fork."

"What? That's so weird." George giggled, "What's it like having a sibling?"

"They're super annoying but you're stuck with them for life. Though My sister and I get along pretty great. When she's not trying to stab me. What did you do well I was away? And why is there a huge stack of books in the middle of the room?"

"I decided to reorganize my books and count them all. Needless to say, I was really bored. I'm glad to have you back." George smiled down at Dream.

"Glad to be back." Dream pulled George down so that he was lying on Dream's chest. "Now we can cuddle."

George giggled into Dream's shirt, "Oh, that reminds me, guess what else happened well you were away."

"What?"

"I'm engaged now!" George said excitedly. "We'll be going to Kinoko Kingdom tomorrow morning! The King of Kinoko and I are going to plan our wedding! I'm finally going to be able to live my life!"

"Wait, you're going to get married?"

"Yeah."

"Do you even know this man? Have you ever met him?"

"Well, no."

"What if he's a psycho? Or manipulative? What if he's ugly?"

"Why are you assuming the worst? I bet he's very nice and handsome."

"Will you like him more than me?" Dream knew he was being childish but he couldn't help himself. The idea of someone else kissing his prince or touching his prince made his blood boil.

"I-i don't know." George got off of Dream and sat on the other side of the bed facing away from Dream. "I've never really talked to anyone other than you and my father."

"Sorry, prince, I'm just worried about you." Dream reached out and grabbed George's hand. George turned around and gave a soft smile.

"Thanks for caring."

Dream opened up his arms, "Come here."

"Are you asking for another hug?" George raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, please. I don't want to sleep without you."

"Good." The prince rolled into Dream's arms and wrapped his own around him.

"Night."

"Goodnight Dream, have good dreams." He giggled to himself.

"Goodnight Prince, Have lots of... Um, have lots of money."

"What? That doesn't even make sense."

"Shut up, I'm tired okay?"

"Whatever you say, Dreamy."

"If you were going to give me a nickname you could have chosen, baby, sweetheart, lover, hon-"

"Oh my god, stop! I'm engaged, remember?"

"Sadly."

"Be quiet and hug me."

"Yes, sir."

Soon both boys fall asleep in each other's arms.