Chapter twenty-four - Wedding March

Two weeks.

The war had been going on for two weeks. It had been two weeks since Dream last saw George. He didn't even get to say goodbye. He hoped the prince wasn't mad at him, that he could forgive Dream for leaving so suddenly.

Dream was exhausted. He had been limping on his left leg for the past three days. But no matter how many times he told his Commander he needed a break, one day off, he just kept putting him in the frontlines. It's like they wanted him to die!

Dream dodged an arrow and run up and slashed an enemy to the ground. Another arrow was shot and hit him in his left shoulder. He flinched in pain. His arm felt like it was burning. Dream ripped out the arrow out and threw it to the ground. "I need a medic over here!" He yelled out.

Sapnap was by his side and pulled out his bow, shouting the archer in the hand. "Damn it, I missed." He pulled out his sword and ran up the hill toward the archer to finish the job.

Bad came running toward Dream with a huge backpack on his back. "You called for me?" Bad pulled out crepe-rolled bandages and started patching up Dream's shoulder. "You have to be more careful, Dream."

Dream rolled his eye, "Careful? Bad, I'm trying! But I don't know how much longer I can take this. I'm getting worse every day. I need a break." Dream sighed.

"I know. Let's hope this war ends soon. I miss Skeppy. And I'm sure you miss George."

"Desperately."

"Everyone! Everyone! Gather around, I have news sent by the king!" A young boy yelled, one of the King's messengers. But beside him was another messenger but he was wearing the colours of Quackity's kingdom and held a letter with both kings crest on it.

All the soldiers from both sides stopped fighting and turned to the young boys. The Commanders from both sides walked up and took the letter. The Commander from Quackity's side read it out loud. "My dear soldiers, The war is over, I and the King of L'manberg have come to an agreement and I will be marrying his son this coming Sunday! All are invited. it will be held at the L'manberg castle. Thank you all for fighting the good fight. And I hope now we can all be friends and get along. Yours truly, King, Quackity the First."

WHAT?!" Dream exclaimed. Did we fight in this stupid war for nothing? Two weeks of merciless bloodshed just for George to marry him anyway? I can't and won't let them take him away from me. Dream turned to both Sapnap and Bad. "Guys, we have a wedding to crash."

---------------------------------------------

George laid on his bed, He was wearing his royal mantle. It was a dark blue (or maybe purple, George wasn't sure) and it was embroidered with gold. His red, fuffy, royal cape was draped around his shoulder. His crown laid beside him.

George hadn't gotten out of bed for a week and a half. At first, it was because of all the beatings he had received from his father, but after the first week, his body had recovered. But then he received the worse news of his life. Dream had died on the battlefield. At first, he didn't believe it. No way would Dream die on him, right? But then they showed him his sword and his cracked mask. Dream was the only thing George had to hung on to. And with Dream dead, George died was well. He was just an empty shell. He didn't eat, he didn't speak, and he didn't move. His servants had to force him out of bed this morning and dress him in his princely attire. For today was his wedding day. He was going to marry that jerk Quackity. George didn't care anymore. He didn't care what happened to him. His happiness disappeared with his Dream.

everyone who had ever show him kindness died a brutal death. Niki just wanted to be his friend, to play with him, so that he wasn't so alone. But that had cost her her life. Dream just wanted to protect him and love him. But that had cost him his life. George decided to never get close to another human again, He didn't want to see the people he loved suffer because of him.

There was a knock on the door and two guards came in, "Prince it is time for the wedding."

George didn't move, they were going to have to drag him. He had already decided to become a corpse. If Dream was dead so was he.

The guards talked among themselves probably trying to figure out what to do with him. Finally, one of them sighed and walk toward the bed and picked up the prince. George went limp in his arms.

They walked down the hallway toward the chapel and went into one of the back rooms. They put George down on one of the seats. "What are we going to do with him? He can't walk down the aisle like this?" The shorter one with brown hair spook up.

"How the hell I'm I suppose to know?" The tall blond one asked.

"I'll go get the King and ask Him, He is the one that has to walk him down the aisle." The brown boy left the room.

George stared at the floor.

"Hellloo! Earth to gogs. What the hell happened to you man? Did your cat die or something?"

George closed his eye, maybe if he shut his eye tight enough he could fade from existence

"Dude, seriously, are you even alive?" the blond sounded a little worried.

George heard the door swing open, "Tommy, What are you doing in here?" It was a young girl's voice.

"I'm actually proposed to be here. What are you going here? eh, Drista?"

"Pfft, don't give me that! I was sent here to do the Prince's makeup."

George stole a quick glance at Drista, she looked a little like Dream. Wasn't Dream's sister named Drista? But there's no way this could be her. right? Wouldn't she be in mourning? Maybe Drista was a common name. He shrugged it off.

"He's going to need it, Mans looks like he's dead." The tall blond, (Tommy was it?) Burst out in laughter.

Drista punched him in the arm, "Stop being such a child!"

"I'm older than you!" He shot back.

"You might be older physically but mentally you're light years behind." Drista grinned and took out her makeup kit. "Can you look at me, Prince?"

George complied and looked over at Drista. But made sure not to make eye contact.

Drista smiled. "You're very pretty."

"How come you never say that to me?" Tommy complained.

"Because I only speak the truth."

"It's fine, you don't have to tell me, I know I'm gorgeous." Drista chucked a pillow at his face, "Hey!"

"Shut up, I'm trying to work here. Go be a child somewhere else."

"I'm guarding him! I'm the big strong man in this situation!" Tommy shouted.

"You would like to think that wouldn't you?" Drista put the last few touches on George's face then started to pack up. "I'll see you two at the wedding. And, Prince? If Tommy gets too much on your nerves feel free to punch him."

"Hey! I'll clart you!" Tommy yelled after her.

"Yeah, we'll see what my brother has to say about that."

"Oh, shit."

Drista left the room.

The Grand Orchestra started playing the wedding march. "You ready to get married, big man?"

George sighed and stood up. Might as well get this over with.