Chapter seventeen - Breakups

"Wait, George, you're a prince?! Add you're engaged to King Karl?!" Wilbur was freaking out.

They had all squeezed into Wilbur's little cottage, Sapnap stood by the fire, trying to warm up. Wilbur was sitting on the bed, and even though George was sure there was enough room for both him and Dream to sit beside Wilbur, Dream had insisted that George sat on his lap.

George giggled, "I just didn't want to tell you in case you attempted to kidnap me or something."

"How dare you think so low of me!" Wilbur faked a gasp.

George only broke out into more giggles, he was too tired for this. Speaking of tired, Sapnap was about to fall over. He was so exhausted. Dream seemed to notice and decided to cut their visit short, "Thank you so much, Wilbur for helping George and bandaging him up. It was lovely meeting you but it's about time we head back to the castle." Dream picked George up and motioned for Sapnap to follow them.

"It was an honour to serve you, prince." Wilbur bowed as they left the cottage.

The sky had cleared up a bit since they were last outside, the rain was falling gently and the whole forest seemed a little brighter. Dream helped George onto his horse and pulled himself up behind him. Sapnap following closely. They started their way to the castle. George felt himself drifting off to sleep. Dream tightened his arms around him and whispered in his ear, "Goodnight, my love~"

-----------------------------------

George woke up to sunshine shining in his eyes. He was under a warm blanket, with warm protective arms wrapped around him and the warm sunlight hitting his milky white skin. He smiled. He had never been this comfortable in his life. He cuddled up to Dream and took a deep breath, he smelt like fresh apples and summer rain. Dream pulled George even closer.

"Ow, ow, ow!" George whined and pulled away.

Dream immediately woke up and looked at George, "What's wrong?"

"You were squeezing my shoulder and it still hurts a lot." George pouted.

"I'm sorry... How are you feeling overall?" Dream sat up in bed.

"My leg is still killing me, I don't think I'll be able to walk very much today. My shoulder only hurts if you put pressure on it and other than that I'm just covered in bruises and scrapes. I'm going to get so many cool scars." George gave a weak chuckle.

"I'm so sorry. I should have been there for you. I promise I'll never leave your side again." Dream pulled George in for a gentle hug, being careful not to touch any of his injuries.

"Thank you, Dream." George pulled away and looked Dream in the eyes. "I love you." George's voice was small and soft but his eyes were full of life.

Dream leaned in and placed a loving kiss on George's lips. The two of them just lingered there for a few minutes. Savouring each other's company. Dream broke the kiss and rested his head against George's. "I love you too. You have no clue how concerned I was when you disappeared. All I could think about was you. You had me worried sick. I can't live without you, George. I need you. I need you in my life and my arms."

"I feel the same way... Dream, I've decided to break the engagement with Karl. And He can't get too angry with me after he almost killed me, right?" George laid his head on Dream's shoulder.

"Are you sure? What will you're father think? Won't he be furious with you?" Dream didn't like the idea of George getting hurt again.

"Yeah, but I can't live my life in fear. I'll have to face him eventually. And besides, I really want to be with you." George looked up into Dream's piercing green eyes.

"Me too. But Prince, I don't want you to get hurt. I can't protect you from the King."

"True. But as long as you're waiting on the other side of the door, I know I'll be okay."

"Why don't you talk to Karl about it tomorrow. You should rest for today. Okay?" Dream kissed George's forehead.

"Mhm, let's have a cuddle day!" George cheered.

Dream liked the sound of that. There was a knock on the door. Dream groaned and got out of bed. "Come in."

Karl peaked his head into the room and looked around before he spotted George in the bed and Dream standing beside it.

"George! You're safe! Thank god! How are you feeling? You look well."

"I'm a little sore, is it alright if I stay in bed for the day?"

"Of course, take your time! Um, you don't hate me do you?" Karl fidgeted with his hands.

"I don't hate you." Karl smiled, "But," Karl frowned. "I would like it if you let me talk. You always cut me off. And I wouldn't be in all this pain if you just listened to me on the dock instead of pulling me in. Also, I would like an apology for almost killing me." George stated somewhat professionally.

Karl nodded his head, "Right, of course. George, I am truly sorry for pulling you in the water and for never listening to you. I promise to do better in the future, thank you for giving me another chance."

George felt like he was leading Karl on, "Karl."

"Yes?" Karl tilted his head.

"I don't want to marry two people. And I can't marry you. It has nothing to do with the whole drowning thing! It's just that I'm in love with someone else. You seem like a nice guy, but my heart belongs to someone else. Please forgive me! I didn't know I was in love with someone else when I came here! It just kind of happened. Please don't be angry with me!" George put his arms up as if he was trying to protect himself.

Karl stood there shocked. "George," He let out a big sigh. "What a relief, you have no idea how happy this makes me!"

"Huh?" Dream and George say at the same time.

"The only reason I suggested the three-way marriage is that I didn't want to break your heart or make your father angry. You're a nice guy but Sapnap's just WAY more my type. No offence."

George smiled, "None taken."

"I thought when I proposed to you that I'd learn to love you... but I've appeared to fallen for your knight." He blushed.

"If you didn't like me, then why'd you kiss me?" George raised an eyebrow.

"I got caught up in the moment, okay! It was just so romantic and you are very pretty, who wouldn't want to kiss you?" Karl asked.

Dream chuckled "True." He whispered to himself.

George glared at Dream. "What's so funny?"

Dream shrugged his shoulders "Nothing."

"So, Karl, are we good?" George asked cautiously.

"Yes! Let's be friends! Can I hug you?"

"Sur-"

"No." Dream cut in, "His injuries are still healing, no one's allowed to touch him today."

Karl frowned, "Oh, okay. Well, feel better soon, okay Georgie?"

"Thanks, Karl, see you around." George waved goodbye at him as he left the room and was off to find Sapnap.

George turned to look at Dream, "No one's allowed to touch me? Does that include you?" George snickered. "I'm not that injured and you know it. So why the lie?"

Dream climbed back into bed and sat beside George, "I simply want you all to myself, is that a bad thing?"

George giggled and snuggled up close to dream, "I suppose not."

"Also, what happened to telling him tomorrow?" Dream questioned.

"I felt bad, okay!" George whined.

Dream giggled, "It's okay, I don't mind. As long as I have you all to myself."

"You do." George smiled sweetly at him.

"Don't you mean, I do?"

George rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"Make me." Dream challenged.

George rolled his eye one more time before connecting their lips.