Chapter nineteen - Healing

George woke up in extreme pain. His shirt was soaked in his blood and he had a massive migraine from crying. He looked over his shoulder to find dream peacefully asleep next to him. George slowly pulled his shirt over his head. It felt like his back was on fire. He wanted to scream out in pain but he held his tongue because Dream was asleep. He cautiously got out of bed and walked over to his mirror. He turned his head around and inspected his back. It looked disgusting and in desperate need of cleaning.

"George?" Dream murmured as he sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. His eyes widened when he noticed George's back and he immediately jumped out of bed and made his way over. "George, what happened? Your back is covered in blood and half your skins off! Did the King do this to you?"

George turned to face Dream and head-butted him in the chest. "It hurrrrrts." He whined.

"We have to get you cleaned up, George." Dream was very concerned.

George nodded his hand, "I think there are some bandages and things in the bathroom cupboard."

"Okay, I'll go get them, take a seat on the bed and I'll be right back." Dream walked off into the bathroom.

George sat down and took in a sharp breath. How did he fall asleep when he was in so much pain?

Dream came back with his arms full of medical supplies and placed them beside George on the bed, "Turn around." Dream instructed.

George did as he was told and soon felt a cold cloth gently touch his back. He flinched, "ow!" George cried.

"Sorry, George, this is going to hurt but the sooner we get this over with the sooner you can heal."

George sighed, "I know, thank you for helping me, Dream."

"I wish I could have helped you more, then you wouldn't have all this in the first place."

"We already discussed this. I needed to face the King alone. I couldn't stand it if you got fired." George flinched again as Dream started cleaning his wounds.

"'Still... I didn't know he was going to do this to you! How many times did he hit you? And with what?"

"I didn't know he was going to do this either! He's never whipped me before."

"He whipped you!? That sick bastard!" Dream wanted to kick the king right in between the legs.

"Can you stop yelling? I have a massive headache. I feel like I might throw up." George groaned.

"Sorry. Were you crying earlier because of the pain?" Dream questioned as he wiped more blood away.

George whined again, "Can you be a little more careful?"

"I'm being as gentle as possible!" Dream yelled defending himself.

"Dreaaaammm." George complained, "Lower your volume."

"Oh, right, sorry." Dream chuckled a little.

"I'm glad you find my pain entertaining." George rolled his eye which only made his head hurt more.

"Anyway, George, answer my question."

"What did you ask? I forgot already."

"George, you're kidding me? Why were you crying earlier?"

"Ugh, don't remind me."

"Why? What happened?"

"I think I'll cry again if I talk about it."