Chapter 43

Day: 567

Days Left: 4913

Lives Saved: 3

With construction now complete, Calixte finally had a house of his own. It was more a studio apartment, which the amphibian himself asked for as it was only him living there, nor did he possess many belongings apart from a beloved collection of waistcoats and bow ties that he had scavenged for decades from the Land of the Lost. Though the house had not yet been fully decorated or furnished to Corinna's standards, Calixte still wished to start living there and moved in today. He was particularly looking forward to being able to play the piano whenever he wanted, as it was positioned outside of his house, and he no longer needed to trek for half an hour each day to do so.

After Corinna and Harmony had finished helping Calixte move his belongings, they had a small house warming party before bidding him goodnight. The couple walked back to their own house, the wisp in the lantern's green light guiding them through the dark.

Not even a second after closing and locking the front door, Corinna pulled Harmony down by the collar, their faces close, almost touching, their breath mingled. Corinna glanced up into Harmony's bright green eyes, then brushed her thumb gently over the woman's lips, parting them slightly, Harmony's soft and quivering breath escaping. Her thumb moving down to Harmony's chin, Corinna guided her lover's face even closer until their lips touched. It was a gentle kiss, at first, their skin barely making contact, yet the warmth spread across their bodies.

Harmony stepped closer and her hand wrapped around Corinna's waist, clutching her dress in her fist. She leaned forward, her body pressing up against Corinna's as their lips once again touched.

Sliding her hand upwards, Corinna's fingers caressed Harmony's hot cheek, then coiled around Harmony's curly hair. With a moaning gasp, her lips moved their way down to her lover's neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses.

"Finally, we got the place all to ourselves," hushed Corinna into Harmony's ear.

Harmony let out a breathless sigh. "You seem to be in quite a hurry. You know we've got all night."

"I know," replied Corinna, her mouth pursed in a cheeky smile as she gazed up at Harmony, arms wrapped around her neck. "But at some point, we'll have our own house back at the village. So, we may as well make the most of this now where we can be as loud as we want." Corinna kissed Harmony once again through uncontrollable giggles.

Now that Harmony had warmed up, her shyness dissolving and overtaken by passion, Harmony's body relaxed and melted into the kisses. The trembling was no longer due to anxiety but instead anticipation, the kisses themselves a promise for what might come after. Harmony's lips parted even further, allowing even more of herself to become one with Corinna.

Still locked in a passionate embrace, they stepped back away from the front door, and Corinna guided Harmony to the bed, almost knocking over the paper room divider in their fervent passion. Harmony stumbled and fell back onto the bed from Corinna's aggression, her lover climbing on top, her legs straddling on either side.

Corinna's hands travelled up Harmony's arms, caressing her warm amber skin, only just touching, sending tingles up Harmony's body until eventually their fingers twined and interlocked with each others'.

Slowly, Corinna leaned down and pressed her lips against Harmony's, their hands tightening around each other as the kiss grew more intimate. After breaking away for air, Corinna kissed Harmony's cheek then moved down her neck with every tender peck along the way. Once she reached the collar of Harmony's green jacket, Corinna held the zipper and slowly pulled it down whilst still suckling on Harmony's neck.