FAQ

Hello dear readers!

The end of Calm and Calamity is soon approaching (70 chapters in total).

To celebrate, I shall once again do an FAQ (frequently asked questions).

Feel free to ask any questions about the series, the next book, me etc. You can either post your questions in the comments or send me a message.

(I might not answer any questions that are repeated from the last FAQ to avoid repetition.)

Thank you everyone for reading!

-Blair

When will the first chapter of the third book be released?

The start of the third book will be released at some point in February 2022 (though that may change). It will be busy at work during December which gives me little time and energy to do anything. I then want to spend January properly planning and writing before publishing the first chapter. I am also doing NaNoWriMo this year for the very first time and will be writing the first draft of a new project which I shall release when it is ready. 

What will happen to the people Wendy ate? Will they even be reformed by the Abyss if there are no pieces left?

I was actually going to explain what happens to prisoners who are eaten in the story but thought it was perhaps a bit too gruesome to include.

As you know, whilst in the Eternal Abyss, you will eventually heal and return to the condition you had arrived in. This is still true if you have been eaten by someone. Whilst most of you will be ingested by the person/ creature that ate you, there will be a significant part of you that you can heal from. Basically, there will be prisoners out there slowly over decades healing and recovering from being poo.

Will Corinna get a new mask in the next book? If so, will she lose control again and what will she transform into?

Don't want to spoil any transformations or if anyone loses control, but I can tell you that a lot of characters will be getting new masks. The next book will span quite a length of time and so you might read a few characters having multiple masks.

As to what Corinna's next mask and transformation will be, there will perhaps be a clue or be blatant on the book cover once it has been designed.

Will Lili and Riley be an official couple? 

Obviously, I wouldn't want to spoil anything regarding if they will be any change or progress in their relationship. But I can say that in the third book, there will be more relationships formed and explored, both in the present and from the past.  

SPOILERS AHEAD- DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE CAUGHT UP

Upon request, I have included a table of all of the characters' prison sentences. The years they have accumulated are from the last chapter of the book.

Corinna

Treason (Protesting against Queen Corinna IX)

2 Years, 2 Months

Harmony

???

172 Years ~ (Believes it has been 4 Years)

Calixte

Treason (Impregnating Queen Violette I)

300 Years ~

Ivette

Murder

27 Years ~

Rin

Murder (4 people)

10 Years ~

Sumit

Murder (2 people)

12 Years ~

Salim

???

168 Years

Reggie

Assault (Retaliating against abusive owner, Viscount Rittenhouse)

Free

Princess Alfreda, Lili, Calanthe, Oscar, Pearl, Daina

Treason (Attempting to usurp Queen Corinna IX)

3 Years, 4 Months

Imps

No Known Crimes

Group ranges from 312 Years to 11 Years

Klei

Treason (Leader of rebellious soldiers refusing to fight)

19 Years ~

Kai

Murder

19 Years ~

Dex

Murder (Killed son's rapist)

5 Years ~

Wendy

Murder

16 Years ~

Bryce

Murder, Rape

2 Years

Clarence

Manslaughter

1 Year, 8 Months

Riley

Murder

23 Years ~

Jackson

Murder

15 Years ~

Jessica

Murder

2 Years, 5 Months