Chapter 66

Day: 716 (Food Drop-Off)

Days Left: 4764

Lives Saved: 3

Along the way back to the village, Harmony tried to remain calm but occasionally stopped to catch her breath. Her mind continued to rake through what she had just read on the pieces of paper, seeing her name, and Ivette's, and this unknown person called Emerald.

Harmony knew for sure that she wanted to talk to Corinna about it, about everything. She wanted to know if she was indeed going crazy or not. First things first, however, was to take back the paper to Sumit, hopefully being one more step towards Rin recovering back into her human form.

Once she reached the village, Harmony entered the water nymph building, which had recently been dubbed as the infirmary due to not only housing the nymphs recovering but also Jessica the marionette and Rin, who was currently an incomplete stack of paper.

Harmony froze upon seeing Salim already inside, giving a maintenance check on Jessica's legs to see if there were any faults. The old man gave Harmony a gentle smile and a hello, before returning to asking Jessica questions.

"Ah, I see you've found more pages," said Sumit, pausing in ordering the stack of paper by number.

"Yeah." Harmony handed over the paper.

"Thank you." Sumit rifled through them and sorted them amongst the others. "We're slowly getting there."

Harmony nodded, her attention taken away by Salim as she thought about why he would have so many drawings of her. It was creepy the more she processed it. Finally, she glanced away and noticed Salim's stack of books neatly against the wall.; the vibrancy of the green book stuck out.

Whilst everyone else in the room was distracted, Harmony retrieved the green book from the stack and placed it in her satchel.

"I'm gonna head off," said Harmony, leaving the building as Sumit and Salim returned her a goodbye.

With quick strides, Harmony glanced around, searching for Corinna, but it appeared that the construction had finished and packed up already.

Corinna's probably back at the house, Harmony thought, heading there. She clutched the strap of her satchel tightly, her heart racing as she thought about its contents: the green book.

She had to know.

Once Harmony arrived at the house, she found that Corinna was not there. Sitting down on the floor, Harmony tentatively retrieved the green book from her satchel, her fingers caressing the blank cover and spine.

Perhaps she should wait for Corinna before opening it, Harmony told herself, yet the temptation and curiosity were fighting against that. So why did she even take the book? She could have just asked Salim about the book's contents and maybe even Ivette as she was also in a few of the drawings, but Harmony couldn't help but feel drawn to the book. Whilst a voice in her mind beckoned her to open and read it, another told her not to, a pang of pain spreading in her stomach, telling her that she would not like what was in there.

No. She had to know.

Harmony flicked through the pages to the drawing of Reggie and herself, the name underneath not hers. She sighed in relief that she wasn't just crazy before seeing the numerous other drawings and pictures again, though they each had a different name underneath.

Wanting to uncover this mystery, Harmony started from the beginning, opening to the very first page.

Sky's Autobiography