Chap. 11 - Finally

30 minutes later, y/n was at Lizzie's house.

"Sit down, I'll get you some coffee," Lizzie nervously said.

Y/n smiled and nodded while sitting down on her couch. Lizzie left the room and thoughts immediately started to bombard y/n.

What the hell is happening? What should I do? Why did I agree to come here? What is gonna happen?

Y/n took a deep breath in and sorted out her thoughts.

Okay... I kissed Lizzie. She kissed me back. I'm now at her house. What should I do now?

Y/n thought for a moment before she came to the decision that would only make the most sense, and might not have too bad of consequences. Y/n had to tell Lizzie about her feelings for her.

Just as she decided, Lizzie walked in with the mugs full of coffee.

She walked over to where y/n sat and handed her the mug. Y/n grabbed it from her and Lizzie sat at the opposite end of the couch.

Y/n could feel the tension in the room. She broke into a sweat and the warm coffee wasn't helping either. To avoid talking, she took a giant sip of her coffee, the liquid burning as it made its way down.

The heat was too much and y/n snorted and coffee went up into her nose.

Lizzie laughed hard and y/n blushed furiously, not having realized Lizzie was watching her every move.

"Are you okay?" Lizzie asked while trying to control her laughter.

"Yep. I just have some coffee stuck in my nose."

The tension eased a bit, but was still there. Y/n knew she had to say it or else she would chicken out any other time.

"So, I, uh... about the, um, y'know, what happened in the trailer?" y/n started speaking.

Lizzie sat up straight and put down her coffee. She looked back up at y/n and nodded.

"So, what was that?"

"We... kissed?"

"Was that a question?" y/n asked.

"No! I meant... we kissed."

Lizzie met y/n's eyes as she spoke. Y/n's eyebrow arched and she smirked at Lizzie's response.

Lizzie smiled and started giggling.

Immediately y/n started to smile from ear to ear. Something about Lizzie's laughs and smile brought her more energy and confidence.

"Did you like it?" she wondered.

"I mean... I didn't dislike it," she teased.

"Well, I liked it. A lot." y/n blurted out.

Silence filled the room as y/n's last thought seeped in slowly.

Now or never, y/n. Get this over with.

"Lizzie. I- I never thought I'd ever be confessing this, but-"

"I like you y/n," Lizzie cut y/n off.

"Huh? What- what'd you say?" y/n was in disbelief.

Lizzie looked into y/n's eyes, with begging eyes. Begging y/n to not have to repeat herself.

Y/n broke into a smile.

"I like you too."

Lizzie's heart skipped a beat as she heard those 4 words.

She grabbed y/n's hand and squeezed it.

Just then, y/n got a call. She picked it up when she saw it was from Lily. She knew she only called when there were emergencies.

"Hey, what's up?" y/n asked worriedly.

"Sorry for disturbing you but I really don't feel well. I want to go to the doctor's and I would alone, but I don't think I should drive. I need a ride?"

Y/n wanted to stay but she knew she couldn't leave her best friend hanging.

"Don't worry, I'm coming," she said as she hung up.

Y/n looked at Lizzie. She felt incredibly bad for not staying but she had to go.

"I'm sorry I have to go. Lily isn't feeling well and she needs to got to the doctor."

"No, I understand. I would do the same for my friend too."

"Thanks."

Y/n stood up and grabbed her stuff. Lizzie stood up too and followed her to the front door.

Y/n said bye and turned to leave when she felt Lizzie hold her arm. She turned around and Lizzie quickly moved in and kissed her.

Y/n immediately kissed back and held Lizzie close. The kiss got more intense and deep, but then Lizzie pulled away.

Breathlessly she said, "You should go now."

Y/n nodded and gave her one last peck as she moved away and left the house.