Chap. 20 - The Party

Few days later:

It was now the day of the party where Lizzie and Aaron officially announced that they were together.

Lily was going to be there too since they needed to make a few public appearances together before the confirmation on the press tour.

***

Y/n was waiting outside Lily's apartment to take her to the party. Lily had agreed to help out with the PR. She had to take time off of her own work, which she was getting compensated for. The process was very long; both y/n's employer and Lily's employer had to sign a bunch of contracts and make many deals, since Lily worked for a modeling agency. There could be no slip-ups during this relationship.

As y/n waited, she got a text from Lizzie, asking her where she was. Y/n responded just as Lily made her way outside.

"Hey. You ready?" Lily greeted y/n as she sat in the car.

"To put up an act? I mean, I am an actress aren't I?" y/n retorted.

"Come on. I know it sucks having to do this but, you being in a bad mood isn't going to help any of us. We are going to a party, so let's try and have fun. I don't want to hang out with a moody y/n."

Y/n sighed and started to drive, "Alright, I'll try to be bearable."

They both laughed as y/n drove to the party.

***

The party was at Aaron's house, but they had let in a few reporters and photographers for the announcement. The whole internet was buzzing with excitement as they awaited the big news that was being told that night.

Y/n and Lily got there and they were immediately crowded by people. The car could barely move. Y/n finally parked, got out and opened the door for Lily. She needed to act as in love as she could.

The papparazzi continued to ask questions about y/n, who her friend was, the movie, and so much more. Lily grabbed y/n's hand and they pushed through to the door. Robert opened the door and quickly ushered both of them in.

"Damn. Why are there so many people out there?" y/n asked.

"They always find their way, somehow. Only a handful of reporters were actually allowed in," Robert responded as he led the pair to the main area.

As they entered the living room/kitchen, y/n saw many of her castmates and other friends. Aaron and Lizzie were standing in the middle together. They both seemed really relaxed and happy.

Robert announced y/n's arrival and everybody turned to say hello to her and Lily. There were also a few unknown people at the back, carefully taking pictures and writing stuff down on notepads.

Both Lily and y/n hugged, shook hands, and laughed as they greeted everybody. When it got to Lizzie, y/n pulled her into a hug and whispered, you look good.

When they pulled away, Lizzie was blushing and a slow smile crept into her face. Y/n then continued in as if nothing happened.

***

The party wasn't bad. They were mainly just talking, laughing, and drinking. Everything went smoothly, and y/n managed to keep a safe distance from Lizzie. They both kept glancing at each other, sometimes catching the other doing the same, resulting in one of the blushing, but other than that, y/n didn't have much interaction with Lizzie.

With Lily, y/n tried to look as cozy and comfortable as she could without feeling bad. Y/n could feel the cameras on her, taking photos of her whenever she moved. She guessed it was because she was the new member.