TWO

After cleaning myself in the river close to the forest before any pack member could see me, I walked to the pack house on time, passing the looks of disgust, disdain, and hatred.

Some mothers warned their pups to stay away from me.

Did their actions ever hurt me?

Yes, It did.

But now?

I ignored them all.

The younger me would crawl up to a corner to cry, but this me ignores the looks, the pain, the betrayal, hatred, and everything.

Entering the back door of the pack house to start my daily chores, I heard a familiar chatter of a particular group of girls.

''Oh, My! I can't wait for Derek to make me his luna,'' A familiar voice said.

Stella, my eldest sister,

She is bragging to her friends about this night's mating ceremony for the future alpha to find his mate and become the alpha with his mate as the luna.

Other werewolves find their mates from the age of eighteen, but Alphas and the Bloodline of Alphas find theirs at the age of eighteen.

The Chatter stopped at their sight of me.

Immediately, from laughter, happiness, and joy to disdain, contempt, and disgust.

Each expression on their faces changed at the sight of me.

''Don't forget my Laundry, freak,'' Stella said as she walked past me with her friends.

Each of them ignored my presence like a squashed bug, especially one person among her group of friends,

Ariana, my former best friend.

In the evening, the ceremony would start, and by then, I must finish all the chores such as laundry, washing, scrubbing, dusting, cooking, cleaning, and all that.

Carrying the basket filled with Stella's clothes and passing the kitchen, the Luna of the Rosemoon pack uttered to my dearest, 'mother,' '' I cannot have this filth contaminate the food with her germs.''

I ignored the scornful comment and gaze, to do my work.

Funny how Derek's mother, the Luna, and mother of the pack, is abusing one of her pack members mentally and emotionally.

One Hour ago, the ceremony had started with the celebration of the new Alpha and Luna of the Rosemoon pack.

I know what you are thinking.

Didn't he reject you?

Oh, he did reject me earlier before the ceremony.

I was passing the alpha's office to clean the 10th room in the pack house, and that's when I smelt him before me.

Different expressions showed on his face.

Happiness, joy, excitement, then, anger, contempt, and disgust, probably realizing me as his mate.

He walked past me, pretending as if, nothing happened and I did the same.

I stood for him to pass me, and I bowed in respect.

" Stella is my mate and my future luna, not you, filth," he whispered, walking past me.

''Yes, alpha," I replied, enduring the feeling of something breaking within at his words.