EIGHTEEN

"What do you mean by that?" Aiden asked seriously.

The former alpha just smiled at him and continued, "It was long ago before my children and my beta's children were born. I ascended to the alpha position with my mate, and one day an oracle came to me."

"She said, my pack is blessed with great fortune by the goddess, and the blessing lies within my beta's bloodline."

I stared at the former alpha, who spoke in a daze, and the smile on his face disappeared.

"She said to me that moon goddess blessed my bloodline with a great warrior who will create a big change in the supernatural world." my ex-father looked at me and continued.

"Why are you telling me this?'' I questioned, not understanding where this was going.

"I am saying the moon goddess's blessing lies within you carmen, We thought it laid within Stella, but it seems we were wrong," My ex-father said.

"Why not Dylan?" I asked. I mean, were they sure that the moon goddess blessed a girl?

"She said the moon goddess chose the one with potential starting from the second-born." my ex-father said with a smile mockingly.

"We kept the secret ourselves and waited until all of you were born. Stella had the potential of being a luna while you didn't have one. You were quiet, not outgoing, and an introvert, more like a wallflower.

We didn't make any judgment until you and Stella shifted in age. Stella had a wolf, and she was a great warrior in the pack. People respected her. You, on the other hand, never had a wolf. We thought the blessings laid between Stella, but it seems we were wrong."

I listened to everything they said and couldn't help to think back to the day they abandoned me. That would explain why they left me alone quickly without me depending on anyone.

Even if I didn't shift at that age, They would alert the elders to call for an oracle, but they didn't.

They wanted the moon goddess's blessings for themselves and the pack.

'Greed,' I thought with disgust.

I looked at the former leaders of the rosemoon pack without any emotion on my face, "That does not explain how you knew that I dreamt of prophecy."

My ex-father said, "She told us that is one of the signs of a blessed one."

"It seems you were quick to judge without paying attention to the signs," Aiden, who was quietly seated, said with a blank expression and crossed arms.

My ex-father just looked at me in answer.

I stared at my ex-father and the former alpha in silence before talking, ''I think we overstayed. Thank you for dinner, alpha."

I looked at Aiden, who seemed ready to leave immediately, and I got up.

"Carmen, The fact that you have a strong wolf that surpasses an alpha with her aura and you get prophetic dreams meant you are blessed." My ex-father stood up to argue.

I looked at him and questioned, "And then what?"

He looked dumbfounded at my question.

I continued, "So I should forget that you abandoned me the moment you deemed me useless because of some stupid prophecy or your leaders are responsible for my abuse, or that your son rejected me because of you."

They looked surprised at my words. I looked at them and sneered, "You think I wouldn't know that you approved that your son rejected me."

The former alpha stuttered, "H-How?"

"You didn't tell the elders about this information. you wanted to include your beta's bloodline in yours, right?" I said.

It was obvious with how they kept the information tightly, I wouldn't be surprised if my ex-father wanted to include an alpha bloodline and the former alpha wanted his beta's bloodline blessed by the moon goddess with his.

"But he is your mate, carmen." The former luna, who was quiet during the conversation, spoke righteously.

"He rejected me for his chosen one. There is no bond, Luna. Get that into your head."I retorted.

" Aiden," I called Aiden and started walking to the door.

The former alpha stood up and argued, "But it does not change the fact that you are blessed because you were part of the rosemoon pack. "

I stopped walking with Aiden behind me and looked at the former alpha like he was crazy. "Okay, let's say that I am a blessed one. Isn't the rogue's attack a punishment for your pack because you abused me, and I left?"

He is delusional. If he thinks I need this stupid pack because of blessings, I worked hard to get where I am today, not because of some prophecy.

I left the speechless alpha with Aiden trailing behind me.

"What do you think?" Aiden questioned me as we walked to the guesthouse.

"Honestly, I don't care If I have been blessed or not, but what I know is that I worked hard to get here and be standing as your sibling," I said

"If I stayed here, I would have died from the abuse." I continued.

The abusive experience is something that someone can not overcome just with blessings from the moon goddess.

"But what the oracle said about dreams of prophecy is unsettling," I mumbled. If those prophetic dreams are a sign of a blessed one, It is unsettling.

'Maybe it is connected to why Typhon is after me,' I thought.

"Aiden, we need to finish on time and see an oracle immediately," I said to Aiden as we entered the guest house.

Aiden answered, ''Hmm.''

After seeing the oracle, we would know how to advance.

I waved goodbye to Aiden and entered the room to flop on my bed with different thoughts in my head about the secrets from the former alpha.

So the fact I have dreams of those voices was a sign of being blessed.

<CARMEN, MY CHILD> I remembered that gentle but powerful voice. 'Is it the moon goddess?' I thought.

''What do you think?'' I questioned Artemis in my head.

'I don't know what to say, carmen, but remembering their expression, it seems they were not lying,' she replied.

''Maybe the blessing apart from the dreams visible to me is you. The moon goddess might have blessed me with you. I mean, she can't bond you, a half-god, with me without knowing something,'' I stated.

'I don't know, Carmen. I only knew you were my host the moment you were born.'

"But I thought you said that I was not the first host you approached," I asked in confusion.

'Each species, I approached one host. You were the first for your species. You and I were connected the moment you were born. I waited till you were of age for me.'

Artemis told me that my body couldn't take her powers when I was supposed to have my wolf at shifting age.

I sighed in the comfy bed before closing my eyes to rest.

I had sudden thoughts while resting my body and muttered, "shit got worse."

Thank you so much 5k reads, half of 10k reads.

Honestly, I  didn't think this book would come so far giving the grammatical errors from the beginning, but I am learning, everyone is learning.

I will do mini mass release today as a reward to my supportive readers for reading, commenting and talking to me.

It's really nice when people appreciate your work.

I feel happy when I see your comments, so please don't stop.

Enjoy!