TWENTY-SEVEN

The name 'Nyctimus' came out of my mouth in familiarity as I knew him.

I instinctively covered my mouth and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

There was a deadly silence in the room before the pretty man, whom I called Nyctimus, smiled suddenly at me, ''It seems Artemis's memory is mixing with yours after shifting.''

That smile was too blinding for me.

If my mate was handsome, then this man was pretty. Too pretty to be mistaken as a woman.

I was dazed for a moment before a cough broke my fantasy.

I looked at the owner of the cough behind me and saw Harrison smiling with a paled face at me.

'what happened to him?' I thought before I focused on the pretty man.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise before questioning, ''Are you the oracle?''

He smiled at me, "You know my name already, and Yes, I am.

He looked behind and said, "Harrison, please wait outside as I talk to an old friend.''

Harrison complied with his wishes and left the room quickly like his butt was on fire.

When the door closed, I asked, "Why do I know you?''

I stood with my arms crossed.

''You don't want to sit?"

''No, Thank you.'' I rejected politely.

Although I don't know him, Nyctimus.

I could sense familiarity with him, Like my guard, came down around him.

''As I said before, Artemis's memories are mixing with yours, but it seems you don't know everything yet.

'Everything?' I thought.

''Well, what I am going to say will be long, so I hope you will sit when you are tired,'' He said in a worried tone.

I nodded, still standing straight.

He shook his head at my stubbornness with a smile on his face. ''At this point, I don't know the difference between you and Artemis.''

"Your beast, Carmen, always comes to my dream and talks with me," Nyctimus said

"It seems she was lonely, trapped within the gods fearful of her power," He added.

I rose an eyebrow at that sentence.

''I am sure you are wondering how she did it, but don't forget you are half-god, Carmen.'' He smiled at me.

I nodded my head at that answer.

''But that does not explain how I knew you and why?'' I asked.

"Artemis memories are forming into yours,'' he said without an explanation.

''You know, From my understanding of Artemis, she doesn't like creatures and gods much. Yes, they created her, but they grew fearful of her powers and tried to kill her.

You, on the other hand,'' he paused and removed his glasses.

Just like Selena, he was white everywhere. White hair, milky skin, and white eyes.

He opened one eye, stared at me, and smiled sadly, "You suffered greatly you poor thing,''

"Your previous mate and your previous family, I didn't know that you suffer this much,'' he added.

'It seems he could see my past thanks to the lycan beast in me,' I thought.

''Mate? What previous mate?'' My mate asked with a slight frown on his face.