FOURTY-EIGHT

'Don't underestimate him,' That sentence. How many times have I heard it from people?

I heard it from Selena, Nyctimus, Amelia, Absalom, and the moon goddess.

Now, The curiosity of knowing what Typhon did to them and for them to fear him intrigues me more than before.

The next day, Conrad, I, and the witches sat in the dining hall with the ever-smiling Ryder eating breakfast.

''I hope Miss carmen enjoys her stay here,'' Ryder paused his eating and asked.

I was about to reply, but Conrad beat me to it, ''Yes, WE are enjoying our stay here.

Conrad stopped eating and stared at this bastard vampire who stares at his mate every time and always gets on his nerves.

'How annoying that I can't kill him,' He thought as he clenched his jaw in anger.

''Thank you for accommodating our warriors and giving them a training ground to train.'' He continued.

I dropped my cutlery and looked at the blank Conrad and smiling Ryder wondering why they did not like each other.

'How amusing,' Ryder thought.

He has lived for a long time and had never seen someone like Carmen.

It is known to other creatures that witches have a longer lifespan, but vampires have the longest life span.

But because they don't associate with others. That many secrets about them are unknown.

Like books, some in the library are different or unique from other books in other creatures' territories, like the 'greek gods' book that carmen picked up.

Many don't know, but that is the only book that has the most secrets about gods.

'And also that I am the oracle,' Ryder thought.

He lied to carmen about the protection working for him in facing Absalom. The supernatural world must never know about him being the oracle and the master of the vampire territory.

The first time he became the oracle, when he was the master, the vampire god visited him and told him never to allow anybody to know about him being the oracle and the master.

Oracles are not immortal like the gods and their messengers. The gods choose someone to be the oracle, and the sign of being one is white eyes, white hair, and very milky white skin and white eyes.

The only sign he has is the milky white skin since he has to hide the fact that he is the oracle.

He doesn't know the reason, but he felt there was a connection to Typhon.

He had also been anticipating Carmen's existence.

He knew about Typhon's existence for a long time, and carmen's fate connected to him.

When he saw carmen, he knew her history through Absalom and was surprised that she didn't despair and join Typhon.

She has to save the supernatural world, including the family that abused her and the first mate that rejected her.

'So amusing,' He thought as he wanted to know how this would play out.

'And how to defeat that monstrosity,' He added to his thought, still smiling at the fascinating second mate of the sacred beast.

He had heard the rumors of the lycan king, but he didn't expect the king to be so enamored with his mate.

Ryder had so many thoughts as he stared at the Lycan king, who continued eating his meal.

I looked at Conrad to see him eating while ignoring Ryder's smile and sighed inwardly.

'If only he marked me, I would know his thoughts and what to tell him,' I thought unconsciously, picking up my cutlery and scooping the meal into my mouth.

I paused my movement and was stunned by my thought.

'Marking,' I thought.

Mates mark each other by sinking their teeth into their desired area of the body. It's like declaring ownership of another.

The common area for the mate's mark is the nape or crook side of the neck.

Conrad glanced at me worriedly at my action, and I continued my movement to assure him.

'I didn't think my thoughts would go there, now.' I thought.

Although we are making this relationship work out, anything can happen, and that's why I am not relying on my mate for anything unless it's compulsory or crucial.

As I finished my meal and waited for Conrad since he did the same for me since we came here, Ryder vomited blood.

''Impossible!'' He exclaimed, dropping the cutlery on the plate in disbelief.

''What happened?'' I asked as the cutlery made a loud sound, getting a terrible feeling.

He wiped the blood trailing his jaw as he looked at me.

I was about to repeat my question when the doors burst open as guards and maids hastened their steps into the hall.

I looked at them.

One of the guards shouted in fear, ''Master, we are under attack!''

I widened my eyes at that discovery and turned my sight back to Ryder.

Everyone in the dining hall stood up immediately at the discovery.

Amelia, who always pales at me, trembled in fear and embraced herself, repeatedly whispering ''H-Him,''

Rose tried to calm her down, but Amelia flinched at her touch, ''R-Rose H-He is here''.

She stuttered to Rose.

The terrible feeling I felt when Ryder vomited blood became intense at her words.

I felt a sinister, chilling aura immediately from where I stood.

I could pinpoint the area the aura overwhelmed as I stared in the direction from where I stood.

The feeling of instant death came over me as I, the rumored and feared SANGUINEX, slightly trembled in fear.

'So this is what they meant by not underestimating him,' I thought as I noticed the pale faces of everyone, including Conrad.

'This is what I would defeat?' I asked myself because what I felt was frightening and ominous.

Conrad noticed my tremble and took my hand, squeezing it, and gave me a small smile to assure me.

I took a deep breath and calmed down.

'There is no use of fear, Carmen,' I thought.

'The gods chose me for a reason, and I must find out everything, so do not fear,' I consoled myself.

''That is Typhon, isn't it?'' I asked Ryder.

Amelia let out a small cry at my words and trembled behind rose in fear.

The ever-smiling Ryder hardened his face and spoke seriously without smiling, ''Yes, it's him.''

WARNING: There would be bloody scenes in the next chapters.

Also, Another chapter guys.

Please Enjoy!