THIRTY-ONE

After we left laura's closet boutique, Sarah took me to a restaurant.

The name written on the signboard was jack's haven.

We entered, and I saw the restaurant's decor looked expensive.

'It seems nobles eat here,' I thought with the customers dressed in expensive outfits.

A waiter came for us and guided us to our table.

When we sat, the waiter placed the menus on the table, and Sarah opened the booklet and asked, ''What would you like to eat, miss carmen?"

I opened the booklet and said, '' Anything.''

''Okay, we would like to have this and this,

'' She pointed to the dishes on the menu, and the waiter wrote them on his notepad.

She asked, ''Which drink?"

I stared at the drink section on the booklet and said '' Fruit drink,''

She nodded and turned to the waiter, ''I would like the wine, the lowest tolerance of alcohol in it.''

After writing our orders waiter smiled professionally, ''Please wait for your meal,'' and he left.

We did not speak because we were not familiar with each other.

Sarah broke the silence, ''Miss Carmen,''

I turned to her to show that I was listening.

''Please don't take the rumors about Lady Macquoid and his majesty to heart,'' Sarah said nervously.

I nodded.

''The nobles agreed that if his majesty does not find his mate, Lady Macquoid will be the queen, but that changed since you are here, so lady Macquoid feels threatened.'' she continued after seeing that I listened.

I expected that.

Brittney's family seems to be of the highest status below my mate. I won't be surprised if the nobles' target is the queen's seat.

''Although it is true about his majesty's hatred for your kind, It is not my place to say why, but you can talk it out with his majesty.'' She said, smiling sadly.

''It might not seem like it, but his majesty had been waiting for his mate,'' she paused.

Then she bowed her head on the chair, ''So please don't give up on him.'' 

She rose it up.

I looked at her and nodded.

''What about Brittney's mate?'' I asked.

'I mean, her father can't ignore his daughter's mate for the queen's seat,' I thought.

Sarah looked at me, then at both sides, before leaning forward and whispering, ''There are rumors about her father forcing her to reject him.''

I looked taken back at that discovery.

''I heard her mate is of baron status, and to the duke, you must be in higher status than him to marry his daughter.''

''There are also rumors of her rejecting him because she did not find him worthy,'' Sarah added.

The waiter brought our dishes to our table, and we started to eat.

After eating, Sarah paid our bills, and we left the restaurant satisfied. I must admit the dishes are delicious.

We walked to the places Sarah recommended till she was tired.

''Miss Carmen, Aren't you tired?'' Sarah leaned on the wall, panting.

I looked at her and answered, ''No.''