THIRTY-SIX

I think this period has been the third happiest moment in my life.

The first moment was when the millers found me and took me in., the second was they adopted me into their family, and the third was my mate so attentive to me.

My mate didn't allow me to leave his room during my free time. He ordered Sarah to move my things to his room, and I couldn't do anything to stop him.

He always tried to visit me in his room during the day, and at night, he cuddled me on the same bed.

He tries to involve me in some of the work in the kingdom, and sometimes he does not need to say anything but sleep with his hold on me, and I reciprocate by patting his back, and we sleep.

It feels like we had an understanding of each other without needing to say anything.

Although we don't know much about each other apart from rumors, we are trying to make our relationship work.

Conrad didn't allow me to leave his room until a week after.

He respected my space and privacy, didn't take advantage of my weak state, attended to my injury, and helped me with eating or moving without experiencing pain.

After almost two weeks, Conrad finally allowed me to leave his room and start my training, eating, and sleeping routine.

I heard that being with your mate helps heal faster. It seems true. I recovered quickly but not as fast as I am with Artemis. Conrad wanted me to rest regardless of whether the injuries healed or not.

'He must have seen the scars from the rosemoon pack when I came from the battle,' I thought.

Sarah told him I was free to do anything since my injury had healed, but he didn't agree to release me.

I wore my black jacket and ruffled my hair, looking in the mirror.

'Finally,' I thought as I remembered the boredom I experienced doing nothing but sleeping.

All alone in the massive bedroom without Artemis to talk to was depressing. I resembled a sloth without doing anything but sleeping.

Artemis is still in hibernation, so I can't do anything that will injure me seriously. I could still train but not with the same intensity as when Artemis was awake.

Two arms appeared behind me and wrapped my waist. I could feel my mate's toned and muscled body pressing against mine.

I could feel my body flushed on its own at the contact of my mate.

'I am not used to this,' I thought with blushing cheeks.

Conrad stared at me through the mirror, and I did the same.

''You need to get used to me, Carmen,'' My body reacted at the sound of the husky voice, and my face reddened more.

He chuckled at my reaction.

He removed his arms and turned me to him, ''I will see you if I have time, and don't forget if you need anything, you can tell Sarah or come to see me, okay?'' He said seriously.

I nodded.

He stared at me and leaned forward to peck my forehead before leaving.

I held my breath when he leaned toward me and felt his lips on my forehead.

When the door closed, I released my breath and touched my forehead.

'My first kiss on the forehead,' I thought in a daze as I felt tingles in the area.

I could feel my heart flutter at the thought.

I punched, kicked, punched, kicked, punched the boxing bag non-stop as sweat trickled down my face with so many thoughts in my head.

Typhon, vampires, the dream I had of the moon goddess, and my mate's change of attitude towards me.

I trained non-stop in a daze until I felt myself punching the air and saw the culprit for my fluttered state this morning.

''I thought I told you to take it easy with training.'' My mate frowned at me as he released the boxing bag.

I panted as I removed the gloves to drop and drank the bottled water near the bench.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked Conrad as I tried to suppress the excitement in my heart because of his presence.

He stared at me and sighed, ruffling his hair, ''Well, Harrison told me someone has been training non-stop immediately after her injury.''

He looked at me, pointing out the issue.

'He came for me,' I thought.

I coughed in embarrassment and said, ''I wasn't training too hard.''

''Carmen, you didn't have a break or rest for some time.'' He deadpanned.

''Don't stress your body, carmen. You recovered from your injury not long ago,'' He said worriedly.

I nodded and stared at him for a while.

He noticed my stare and asked, ''What?''

''Can you fight me?'' I asked seriously.

He stared at me and asked, ''I complained at the intensity of your training, and you want to fight me now?''

I answered, ''Yes.''

I have always wanted to know how Conrad fought and his strength.

I heard brutal stories of him fighting strays, and the interest in him surfaced from there, but I didn't think much of it.

Now, I didn't expect to be his mate, and since the opportunity is here, why don't I test it out.

I looked at him and repeated, '' Please fight me.''

Conrad stared at me and declined the request, ''No.''

''I want to,'' I tried to speak to him, but he cut me off.

''No, Rest, then we will discuss it later.'' He left immediately without giving me a chance.

I looked at his disappearing back and sighed, sitting on the bench.

After resting and fighting for another hour, I packed my things and left the training for Conrad's room.

I passed two pretty women with a maid, whom I couldn't smell any scent, but I didn't think much of them until one of the women paled at the sight of me.

I passed the paled woman without thinking of her reaction.

'My reputation?' i thought of her fear as I entered my mate's room.

Finally, 1000 votes and more than 30000 reads, sooooo happy.

Thank you, readers.

Okay, another chapter.

Enjoy!