TWENTY-ONE

"That's all I have to report," I finished my report as I stood in front of the high table with the four Elders seated and guards stationed at their side.

I briefed them on the situation, removing my encounter with Lycan's god messenger, lycan mate, and moon goddess's blessings.

There was silence before Elder steven broke it, "Is the enemy a god?"

''That, I can't be sure without an oracle, but the rogue said rumors about him being a banished god,'' I answered.

Elder Marley sighed in frustration, rubbing his forehead with his hand, "You could not get anything from the one he possessed about the traitor with a rogue mate?"

"No," I answered.

''We will need an oracle to get him to talk and to know about this Typhon,'' Hunter said.

"I will inform the oracle to come this week," Elder Steven said as he informed a guard to do his bidding.

He gave a paper to the guard, and the guard left.

Elder looked at me, "Carmen, As you know, the lycan king sent us an invitation and the alphas. We do not know what he wants since this is the first time he invited us, and we know about the rumors about his hatred."

''He sent you an invitation, personally. We do not know what that is about,'' he continued.

A guard brought the invitation to me, and I took it.

"We will have meetings with Alphas and the Lunas in a month since we will leave two months from now for the kingdom." Elder steven, as I read the invitation.

The card says the same time as Elder steven said, in two months.

I nodded.

"Meeting dismissed."

I left the courtroom with the invitation in my hand.

The oracle came two days later to the goldmoon pack.

A guard from the border mind-linked me, and I went to greet the oracle.

The oracle was a white woman. When I mean white, I mean everything about her is white. Her hair is white, her skin is milky white, and she is wearing a white gown, but she wore a black shade over her eyes.

She stood at the border.

I was about to greet her, but she spoke first.

"So it is you," She said. Her voice sounded mysterious and enchanting.

What?

"I didn't expect Selene to choose you for Artemis," She continued.

I blanked out the moment she said my beast's name.

"Miss oracle, please wait till we get to the courtroom," I said.

She mysteriously smiled when I spoke to her.

"Your real mate," She said and paused.

Then she smiled and entered the gold moon pack. ''That is interesting" She left with her parting words.

'She must know something to speak like that,' I thought.

I wanted to lead her to the courtroom, but it looked like she knew the way.

We entered the courtroom to see the two rogues chained up in silver knelt and the Elders standing by their sides.

The Elders bowed in greetings, and Hunter spoke, "Selena. It is good to see you again.''

'Selena?' I thought as I stood behind her.

'She has a name,' I added to my thoughts.

"Elder Hunter, you have a fascinating daughter. I must meet your family in your home after I speak with him."