SIXTY

''So you must be the new messenger,'' I heard a familiar sinister voice and opened my eyes to see Typhon, talking to another version of myself.

The other version had red eyes like last time.

Artemis.

I stared at this Typhon as he looked more deadly and crazy even though this was a dream.

'or memory,' I thought because this feels vivid.

His hand, in a choking position, toward Artemis, as She was struggling in the air.

''I didn't expect Selene to replace me so quickly, although it's been years or even generations since she imprisoned me,'' Typhon sneered at Artemis, trying to escape his grasp.

Choking sounds answered him..

A staff flew towards his hand, and Typhon released Artemis to avoid the piercing.

Artemis fell to the ground, coughing violently, and stared at the Lycan god who came to her front.

The staff stuck on the ground moved sideways before removing itself and flew to the Lycan god's opened hand.

''Lycaon!'' Typhon exclaimed hatefully at the god who spoilt his fun.

The Lycan ignored the furious banished god and stared at the messenger on the ground behind him.

''Run,'' He said as he faced Typhon.

I gasped, sitting up immediately, and coughing violently because the memory felt like it happened to me, although it happened to Artemis.

As I was coughing, I felt someone patting my back, judging by my body's reaction to the hand. I knew it was Conrad.

After coughing for a while, Conrad asked, seated on a chair close to the bed, ''Are you okay?''

I calmed down and stared at him before noticing the bandages wrapped around his upper body.

He wore a white shirt but with the buttons open.

''W-W-What....'' My voice was hoarse as I tried to speak.

Conrad noticed as he took a glass of water on a side stool which I didn't know was there.

I moved slightly, but the amount of pain I felt was much.

It seems Conrad noticed my dilemma and moved to sit on the bed and closer to me, helping me to drink water.

After drinking water and feel I could speak, I asked, ''What happened?''

The last thing I could remember was the Lycan god's words, and I blacked out.

''How did we get here?'' I asked, looking around, noticing we were in Conrad's room, which means we were in the Lycan's kingdom.

''Amelia teleported us back to the kingdom at the castle's entrance,'' Conrad answered, staying on the bed and placing the empty glass on the side stool.

''Amelia?'' I asked as an image of her fearful and paled face came to mind.

Conrad nodded, ''Yeah, she did.''

''what about Ryder?'' I asked, putting that matter aside because I remembered a witch named Dimitra helped Typhon to escape, and the hostility I saw from her towards my body was much.