FOURTY-NINE

I could hear my heartbeat soundly at the mention of that short sentence, 'Yes, it's him.'

There is only one person Amelia would give an intense fearful reaction apart from me.

'Typhon,' I thought of his name.

I clenched my other hand in anger as I thought, 'Why? Why is he coming now?'

'Is it because we are vulnerable without many warriors?' That was the only reason that I could think.

'What of the Lycan Kingdom? Did he attack?' I added to my thoughts.

'No, if he attacked, Conrad would be the first person to know,' I answered my thoughts, remembering the barrier surrounding the kingdom.

Different thoughts and scenarios ran into my head.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them.

'Calm down, Carmen,' I thought, staring at the groups of guards and maids.

''What is the situation?'' I asked the guard who shouted.

The guard glanced at Ryder and saw that his master had no problem talking with me and spoke, ''Rogues roughly 1500, Vampires roughly 100, Strays about 1500.''

'That's a lot of creatures,' I thought, ruffling my hair.

Conrad released my hand and asked with furrowed brows, ''No witches?''

'True, I expected there would be witches, and that will make the battle much harder since there are only two witches with us,' I nodded, agreeing with his question

''I didn't see any witch,'' The guard replied.

''What of Typhon? Did you see him?'' I asked the most crucial part.

''No, miss. Only the creatures.'' He denied.

'Then what I felt was an illusion?' I thought as I glanced at Conrad, and he did the same.

It seems he exactly thought what I was thinking.

''Impossible, he should be there,'' I said aloud.

The guard looked at me without saying anything.

I looked at Ryder and asked, ''You felt that, right?''

Ryder nodded and sighed, ruffling his hair.

''What do we do? How are we supposed to help?'' Conrad asked.

I nodded, agreeing with him.

Ryder looked at us, then turned to the witches, He saw rose nodding, but Amelia seemed to be the problem with behavior.

Rose saw the attention on the trembling Amelia behind her back and answered our unsaid question. ''She would help.''

''Are you sure?'' I asked, eyeing Amelia.

''She might not look it, but she is the witch with the most magic in our coven after the high priest,'' Rose said.

''She won't let you down,'' Rose added.

I looked at her and saw she was not joking before I agreed with a nod.

''Don't die,'' I said, turning to Ryder.

''List where they are coming from,'' Ryder said immediately to the guard, who shouted.

''East, North, South, West, they are coming from all directions, Sir,'' He mentioned.

Ryder nodded before he started instructing.

''Assemble all the warriors, including the Lycans and werewolves.'' He looked at Conrad and me seeing that we had no issues with him using our warriors.