NINETEEN

Before I knew it, three months flew by.

During the months, I learned a lot of secrets about the werewolf pack and the reasons for my abandonment.

My dreams, blessings, and Artemis possibly have something to do with the moon goddess and maybe the lycan god.

The only way to figure things out is to talk to an oracle.

'I need to see one urgently,' I thought as I sat down against a tree near the border.

"Again!" I could hear Aiden's voice from here.

He is training them harder than the last one since we will leave the pack soon and if the rogues come here again.

I leaned my head against the tree, facing the sky with closed eyes breathing the fresh air.

I did not stay on the training ground in the morning to avoid Derek's constant staring and Stella's glaring.

Both are a stupid couple who can't accept the consequences of their choice and try to blame other people for it.

They remind me of the event in the former alpha's house. They can't accept that I am not one of them, and My ex-family and the alpha's family cooperated in sending me letters of invitation every day because of the moon goddess's blessing.

They are very persistent, and their attitudes toward the matter are getting annoying.

I always throw cards away, give them to Aiden to attend in my absence, or burn them If there is no discussion about the pack.

The green leaves on the trees and the grasses swayed slightly as the breeze fluttered. I opened my eyes to the blue sky as I breathed in nature.

"How long have I stared at the sky like this?" I questioned myself.

'Never,' I answered that question in my heart.

I fight rogues or train every moment without resting like this, but my guard is always up.

I inhaled the scent of earth and muttered, "so peaceful." At least I get peaceful moments like this with my guard up.

'but the peace won't last long,' I thought.

'The Lycan's king invitation, Typhon and the rogues, The rosemoon pack's secret of blessings, and my mate,' I added to my thoughts.

I sighed as I continued to inhale.

Finding my mate, who is a lycan, would be an issue.

Werewolves and Lycans are not in unity with each other. They are species with similar features, but one is more dangerous than the other.

What is more disturbing is that the present Lycan king hates werewolves, and the reasons are unknown.

If I find my mate, The Lycan king will be involved. Artemis said that my mate might be a strong warrior, a noble, or royalty.

Either one, the Lycan's king, will be involved.

'Anyway, pondering the situations won't solve them,' I stood up and dusted the grass from my pants while thinking.

'Whatever comes my way, I need to solve them, and I have a family that will help me no matter what,' I smiled inwardly at the thought and the fact that I would be leaving this place. I don't want to come back here again. The nightmares worsened since every area in the pack reminded me of my past.

"Carmen." I smelt him before he called.

''What do you want, Alpha Derek?'' I asked impassively.

"I am sure your mate won't like that you are paying attention to another female," I added.

During the three months, he has been gifting me flowers, expensive gifts, and cards with apologies and pleading written in them.

As always, I give them to Aiden to dispose of them in the trash where they belong like the sender.

Since Stella's scheme didn't work on me since I arrived, she turns to glare at me at every chance she has, which is becoming annoying.

Derek stared at me before answering, "You and I know the truth that she is not my real mate."

"But she is your chosen one," I interjected.

He stepped closer to me to touch my cheek, and I dodged his disgusting hand.

He froze at my action before dropping his hand, "Carmen, I know what I did is unforgivable, but you are the rightful luna to this pack. We can work things out between us but don't turn your back on others. There are innocent people." He said with a pleading tone.

The wind blew amidst the silence.

I looked at Derek like he was the biggest idiot in the world.

"Alpha Derek., My beast wants to kill you, and so do I," I said coldly.

He flinched at my tone.

" Quit having delusions that we were mates when you made it clear that we were nothing," I added.

"C-Carmen," He stuttered.

''In fact, all of you delusional mutts made it clear that I was nothing to you, so quit disturbing me. Your pack abused me at my lowest, and now you want to cling to me at my highest."

"Who made it clear that your mate is Stella and not me?

You made that decision and also should accept the consequences for defying the moon goddess." I continued.

I smirked coldly, "In fact, I think the moon goddess is punishing you and your pack for defying her will with the rogue situation.

You have to be grateful that I didn't kill every one of you for what you did in the past, Alpha Derek."

"Oh, Do not forget what they call me in this supernatural world. I am not a very patient person." I left the paled alpha with my parting words.

'How dare he!' I thought as I walked through the forest to the guest house.

'Trying to gain sympathy using innocent people to keep me here is disgusting,' I added to my thoughts.

These are the reasons I want to leave this dreaded pack right away.

I entered the room and collapsed on my bed, trying to forget the dreadful conversation with that jerk of an alpha.

'Be patient, carmen. You will leave this place soon enough.' I chanted in my head while burying my face in the fluffy pillow.

Readers, please I am having hard time deciding a design for the book cover.

Do you have any suggestions?

Please talk to me on my conversation page or comment.

Also, some of you guys asked for my update days, so I have decided when to update.

My update days will be five times a week, but mostly week days.

And maybe six times, if I want to give you guys a mini mass release as a reward for anything.

Enjoy!