SIX

Click

click

click

The clicking sound of my black combat boot on the marble floor echoed as I walked into the courtroom.

Standing firm and tall, I took notice of the people in the room. 

The four elders, including dad and Scarlett, are seated at the high table in front with four guards stationed by their sides.

I looked at Elder Marley with raised brows, signaling him to state my purpose here.

My relationship with Elder Marley is very formal. Ever since that day. I put him in his place. He avoided any interaction with me except in courtroom business. Probably, because of that event, and my appearance frightened him.

A guard collected a folder from Elder Marley to pass to me.

There are maps and reports about the rogue attack from the Rosemoon pack's alpha in the folder stated in the papers inside the folder.

"Find out the cause of the problem." He spoke formally to me.

I nodded and inserted the papers in the folder, staring at him.

Turning my attention to the next Elder seated next to him.

Elder steven said his part, " I know you don't need me to tell you that something is happening strange..........."

The Rogues are getting stronger and increasing in numbers day by day.

I have been trying the find out how they are increasing in numbers, but nothing.

They attacked Rosemoon pack three times now. Almost like they are looking for something.

Generally, when Rogues attack a werewolf pack, they go for the kill, there is no second chance, but for the rosemoon pack, they didn't kill all of them but attacked thrice in a row like they were waiting for something.

"........ in rosemoon pack, Find out what is happening and report directly to us," Elder steven finished, and I nodded in response and bowed to take my leave.

Nearly stepping outside the double door, Elder Marley stopped me, "Carmen.''

I stopped walking and tilted my head to the side in response,

"Don't kill anybody."

Silence.

''Ah!'' I sneered.

I turned my body fully, facing Elder Marley, and smirked coldly,

"I make no promises, Elder Marley. If I am provoked, I go for the kill.''

I turned my back on him and left with my parting words, "And I am sure I will kill someone since that was my homeland."

I left the courtroom.

I packed my suitcase in the car provided for this trip. I shut the door and turned my gaze to dad, Scarlett, and Aiden.

Aiden will be accompanying me on this trip for different reasons.

1) keep my temper in check

2) prevent Artemis from coming out

3) Prevent me from killing

Also, Elder Marley will be coming with me for his reason and a few warriors.

Scarlett hugged me, " Come back safely, dear.''

I buried my face in the crook of her neck and hugged her tight. This feeling of love, someone waiting for your return, is pleasant. 

She released and looked me in the eye, "promise me.''

I responded, "I promise.''

I turned my gaze to Hunter.

He looked at me with a pat on my head, "Till next time.''

I inwardly smiled at his gesture. It is his way of saying I love you.

I turned my gaze to Aiden " Let's go.''

The car started with a warrior driving, and passed Scarlett waving and hunter smiling.

I looked at my family again from the window and turned to the path taking me to my past.

'Ready to show them who you are?' Artemis made her presence known in my head.

I chuckled inwardly at the hatred in her voice when talking about my past.

She is craving their blood, and I will give it to her in tenfolds.

YES, LET'S KILL.

HELLO MY READERS

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT  BUT DON'T WORRY THE NEXT CHAPTER IS ABOUT HER PAST AND HERSELF MEETING , SO PLEASE BE PATIENT .

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ADDING MY BOOK TO YOUR READING LIST. IT IS VERY NICE TO SEE PEOPLE ENJOYING THE BOOK. 

WE ARE ALMOST AT 200 reads, I AM SO HAPPY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

see ya