two

Wells-

   So far, nobody has seemed to have realised that I was in my heat. It was great, really, but it also meant that there no reason for me not to start helping with the preparation of the celebrations. If I didn't help at all, others would become more likely to find out about my condition. Somebody would probably want to try something with me. Being fertile only ever had its positives for them. Who needs omegas for anything other than sex?
"I actually can't believe that we've been tasked with food prep. With the omegas. We have better things to be doing!" one of the girls, Tee, said, giving me the side-eye and trying to scare me. It wasn't working. The only thing about her that was scary was her banshee-like screams when she rips a nail.
"We all have things we'd rather be doing. Quit being a spoilt brat and help prepare," I say, unable to filter myself first. Her eyes went wide and her friends all giggled, but I only went back to washing the counters. They were filthy and the Alpha would expect nothing but perfection.
"You can't talk to me like that. You're just an omega. You'll get in trouble." I scoff and turn to face her, finally fed up with her ego and attitude. She thought she was far too important.
"Somehow, I don't think that I will. Nobody here likes you because you're a stuck up bitch born with a shiny little halo who thinks that because mommy dearest has a decent job with the Alpha, you get to treat everybody around you like shit. Literally, everybody I know wants nothing more than to claw your pretty little face apart and just shut you the fuck up. You're a borderline—" I was cut off by a figure clearly made by the Goddess herself shushing me with enough conviction to silence the entire pack.
"That's enough, Wells," he had a smirk playing at his lips, and his damp hair fell in front of his eye. He was just pure good looks. "Go get some air and come back in within the next five minutes." slightly confused, I went to protest and question him, but he held up a hand and stopped me before I could speak. Hot. I wouldn't have minded him doing it again. "It wasn't a request. Take five." I nodded after that, oddly compelled to simply place the cloth I held on the counter and leave the room without much of a fuss. He had a whole demanding aura about him that wasn't even scary.

Alone and calm, I sat under a tree and picked at the grass beneath me between my fingers. It was cold and damp but calmed my nerves anyway. Besides, after a while, the same guy was outside looking for me. I curse and stand up at the sight of him, hoping that I wasn't actually in trouble for anything I said. Maybe it was just a little harsh to say. Even to Tee.
"You've had ten. I've told Tee that she ought to keep her mouth shut if she wants to keep her tongue, but you can't be going around talking to everybody like that. Understand?" I nod, offering him a daisy that I'd picked out of boredom. He took it with a smile, shaking his head. "Go on. There'll be somebody in there making sure she doesn't bother you anymore."
"Okay..." I whisper, watching him walk ahead as I entered the building again.
Tee was already giving me her famous death glare as soon as I walked into the kitchen again, but I didn't really care what she was thinking. Instead of saying anything, I hopped right onto the counter and pulled down a pile of plates. They would definitely need careful cleaning before any sort of food touched them and if our Alpha didn't approve or think they were satisfactory, we would only have to wash them again anyway.
"You totally just had the worst heart eyes for the Alpha's son," Cova whispered, punching my arm. I rubbed the sore bit of my arm, pouting. "And you didn't even realise it, did you? You shouldn't be out of our room like this."
"I have heart eyes for, like, everybody right now. It's—" he cut me off, pulling me off of the counter and groaning.
"No like, heart eyes. As in, 'shoot me with a silver bullet and lace my drink with wolfsbane I'm in love with the Alpha's son' type of heart eyes. I know you offered him that daisy." I rolled my eyes and shook my head, knowing that he was just looking out for me. It was dangerous for an Omega like me to wander around the house in heat.

After cleaning up in the kitchen for several gruelling hours, and letting our Alpha inspect the job done three times over, were finally deemed finished. It might have been finished far faster if Tee and her demons helped us properly, but they were each all too afraid that they might catch something from either us or the dirt. I was personally more concerned that I'd catch something from them. Maybe that was me being quite petty, though.
"I can smell a bitch in heat," one of the guys said in a sing-song voice, managing to corner me before I could leave. I gulp, seeing that nobody else was here. There was no point in lying to him. He would only get angry. He smirks at me, pulling me closer to him and looking me up and down. "Come on, you smell ready to use. It's all you lot are good for really. Don't you wanna fix your issue? You can fix mine for me too. It's a win-win situation." I shake my head and whine, trying to squirm away so that I could run. "I didn't say that you could leave, did I?"
"But—" he cut me off and repeated himself, shaking his head. "No," without a moment of hesitation, he slapped me. It stung, and I suddenly remembered just how important he thought he was. "Sir." the grip he held on my arm was starting to hurt, but easy to forget when he started pushing me towards the staircase. All I could focus on was looking for somebody to help, anybody who would stop him. Eventually, the familiar face from earlier appeared, and I ducked behind him and tugged my arm free. I didn't try running yet, knowing that he would easily catch me if he wanted me that bad.
"Let him go, Tay. Whatever you think you're going to do is probably illegal and not right. Clearly doesn't want it."
"Of course he does. The bitch is in heat. Can't you smell it?"
"It's probably only just started or something. Plus, I can't let you do anything. Let him go. It's an order this time." Tay nodded, glaring at me. I quickly took my chance to run to my room, locking my door and ducking into the space beside my bed again. Cova sighed, crawling over to sit beside me. He pulled me closer, hugging me and playing with my hair. His scent was always comforting. It was all I needed.

"Did he get to do anything?" he whispered in my ear, grabbing my blanket. I shake my head, huffing. My body was beginning to burn up and my heat was beginning to really take a toll on my body. If it got much worse, I would have to go to the infirmary.
"The pretty one stopped him." Cova nodded, handing me another tablet with some water. "I probably should have just let him. He'll tell everybody and nobody will leave me alone tomorrow." he didn't say anything for a moment, simply pulling down one of my blankets and covering me with it. It was soft and smelled just like us. Nothing too overwhelming.
"We're omegas, Wells. It'll happen to both of us eventually. One day there'll be no one around to stop and we'll just have to take it." I nod without speaking. He was right. We were lucky that it hadn't happened sooner. Somebody was knocking on our bedroom door already, trying to get in. I sighed, hoping that they didn't want me.
"It's just me. Hunter. Is everything okay in here?" Cova stood up, cautiously approaching the door and looking at me. What could I do about it?
"Everything's okay. He's resting."
"Then why is the door locked?" I tried not to laugh. They really didn't care what happened to us enough to teach a wolf what happens to an omega in heat. I wrapped the blanket around myself, cocooning myself in it.
"So he doesn't get attacked if someone smells him."
"Unlock it for me," I whine, pulling myself up and approaching the closet. Cova had no other choice than to do as he was told. Hunter entered the room, confused and clearly judging me. "Why is he in the closet? You said that he was resting."
"He was, he's just scared now. People can smell him and you made me unlock the door, meaning they can get to him now." I could feel my wolf beginning to take over, fighting for control and trying to claw his way out of me. He wanted something, anything, any sort of relief.
"It's illegal to do anything to him."
"They'll say that his body needs it and that it was bound to happen. Should have covered his scent better. What does he expect when everybody can smell him? They'll just say that." Hunter hummed, trailing his fingers down the side of his arm. I could barely stop it anymore. It was too painful. He smelled too intense and it was overwhelming. Even his eyes were beginning to flash, and I couldn't help it. Cova got closer to me, feeling my forehead. "Oh, my— shit, man," he whispered, pushing me back and rolling his eyes when I hissed. Zeke wanted out.
I could hear footsteps up the stairs, approaching my bedroom, but I didn't care. I was beyond caring. Cova instantly shut the door, locking Hunter in the bedroom with us. He wasn't too pleased about that.
"Unlock it," he said, and Cova started pushing our drawers in front of the closet, which I was still stood inside. "Cova."
"I can't. I'm sorry, but I can't. I want to follow your order but if I unlock it, they're going to hurt him and he's not going to say no. They know he's in heat now."
"So, you're just going to keep me here?" he nodded, putting the key into his back pocket and sitting on the drawers to make sure I didn't push them out of the way. Zeke was getting too rowdy, and I wouldn't be able to keep control for much longer with such an overwhelming smell trapped in the room. "Well then. What do you normally do for it? When that happens, I mean."
"He usually sits there but you're in here so he can't. We should light some of the candles to make the room smell different. Open the windows too."
"What do you mean?"
"Um. Your scent as the next alpha can be overwhelming?"
  "Makes sense. How long do I have to be in here?" Cova shrugs, pushing me back as I try to climb up over the drawers. I almost bit him, but a low growl knocked me back and caught my attention at the same time. "I'm not here to babysit, so at least tell me you have a charger."
  "It's plugged in near the bookcase."
  "Cova I want..." he just nods, setting a candle near to me. It helped, but not a lot.
  "Stop talking before you say something you don't actually mean." he pushes me again, shaking his head and looking Hunter up and down.

   An hour passed before Hunter could leave the room, but by then I also needed the bathroom. Cova wouldn't be able to stop anybody getting to me, so Hunter had to basically escort me across. He made it obvious that he hated every moment of it, too.
  "Go on. Be quick." eyes were on me, and the Alpha scoffed when he saw Hunter with me. He couldn't believe that his son was escorting an omega to the bathroom and not just letting nature take its course, I think. "I have somewhere to be, so if you don't mind."
  I stopped myself from talking before I said anything that would make me seem desperate, thankful that Zeke had somehow remained at bay.
  "The omegas fair game then,"
  "Do anything to the omega and Ill rip your head from your neck."
  "He clearly needs it, man, stop being so hero and cape over him. He's unclaimed and everything."
  "Go fuck yourself." i mumble from the bathroom, where i hoped he couldn't hear me. I'd be dead if he heard. Actually dead.
  "Unclaimed or not. You can't have sex with him." a small argument played out, and I could hear the Alpha breaking up a fight from behind the door. Tyler had a bloody nose and Hunter was unmarked.