five

Hunter

   How on earth I ended up being paired with a male mate, I will never know and never get an answer to. Never, and I mean ever in my life at all, have I been with or even attracted to guys. Not even male celebrities.

   It just didn't seem right that I was given a male mate. There wasn't an ounce of it that made any sense. His being an omega didn't really bother me, he couldn't help that and it wasn't a bad thing either. I wasn't even sure why I kept bringing it up when I talked about him. Maybe it was just some bewildering information, but now I knew that I'd definitely overreacted big time. Even if I didn't like it, he didn't deserve that, and how I had managed to be given another chance I'll never know. Male or not, Wells is my mate and my future Luna and I can't avoid that. Even if it wasn't right, I would have to get used to it.
  "So, is he coming to the game or has he decided that you are a mega dick who deserves to have his balls crushed?" Alex asked, throwing my shoes at me. I caught them and nodded. He was still, and rightfully so, pissed at me.
  "I mean, he said he was, but I really wouldn't blame him if he chose to bail on me." he nodded, smiling down at his phone. He and his mate were smitten alright. I was jealous about it, knowing that I could never take back my reaction.
  "You're such a lucky fucker that he's even talking to you after you literally smacked him about. I was this close to killing you myself and that's still a threat," he said, getting in my face. "Next Alpha or not, I don't care, I will kill you if you do anything like that again. Brutally fucking kill you." I understood his reaction and would probably have been more surprised if he didn't threaten me or react. I'm a dick.
  "I don't know why I reacted that badly to him. You know I've never been like that," he nods again, pointing somewhere across the field with a huge, cheesy grin. He'd probably seen his newfound mate.
  "Hey, that's your jacket, isn't it?" I took a moment to look up and quickly found myself unable to hold back a smile when I saw Wells walking across the field with my jacket on. He really was giving me a chance to try and fix things, even though he knew that I probably wouldn't have realised my behaviour if my Dad hadn't found out. "And there's my mate too."
  "You really showed up. Like, really showed up," I whisper, watching him nod at me and accepting the hug he gave. It wasn't all that bad, and a small shock went up through my left arm. "I thought you might bail on me, and I wouldn't have blamed you at all."
  "I told you that I'd come," he whispers again, looking down as the rest of the team started to show up. I could tell that he clearly felt that he needed to pull away for my sake, so I pulled him back to me and ignored the looks we got from the others. It was none of their business what happened in my life, and they'd have to suck it up. Just like me.
  "Ignore them, Wells, I like this." his face lit up momentarily before he looked at me with doubt in his eyes.
  "You do?" I nod sheepishly, watching him scrunch his nose at my answer. It was impossible not to smile and think that he was adorable. Even for me.
  "Of course. The game starts in ten. Alex will sit with you and watch out for you, won't he?" he hums and gives a nod before actually looking up with confusion. "You'll sit with  him and watch out for him."
  "Oh, yeah. Course. Kyrell will too since I'm a little bit easily distracted at the moment." Wells nods and smiles politely, though I could feel his discomfort. Maybe he was scared of my reactions still.

  "So," a familiar voice near yells. "This is the all famous Wells. Nice to meet you. I'm Kyrell, but call me Kai. I'm going to be your new bestie and I'll be looking out for you in case lovesick puppy there gets a case of 'oh my god I'm totally in love I must stare at this boy and observe or he'll disappear' mid-game." I roll my eyes and let go of Wells at the sound of the whistle blowing, zipping the jacket he wore properly. It was so big on him but so cute at the same time. I had never understood the hype of baggy clothes before, but he definitely pulled it off. Even as a guy.
  "I should go to the team now," I whisper, and he pouts. Not a second passed, and I kissed his temple without thinking. I couldn't hold it back. I tried, but it felt right to do. Odd, but so worth it when I saw his grin. At least there was sometimes that my subconscious did the right thing. It was the only time my wolf was ever actually right.
  "Get a room," Kyrell mumbled, though he was smiling at us. "Go on, I'll make sure he's okay."

   Wells fell asleep in my car. Snoring, and most definitely not waking up any time soon. There was Alex already carrying Cova inside, and I was left to take Wells inside. It usually wasn't a big deal when I took somebody inside, but I just wasn't sure he would like me picking him up yet. What if he didn't want me in his bedroom?
  "Alex, you'll be fine. Just take him inside." Kyrell took my car keys from my hand, nodding and pointing to my front door. I sighed and nodded, finally opening the passenger door to reach for him. The belt buckle was difficult to unfasten, but he was so easy to lift up. Almost too easy. He stirred, but settled when I let him grab onto me.
  I walked slowly to the doorway, where my Dad was stood watching as I carried Wells through, smirking and shaking his head at me.
  "What?" I mumble.
  "You've gone from wanting to reject him to being a lovesick pup in the space of a day." he was smug, but didn't drag on and helped me get him through the house. Too many doors to get through.
  His bedroom was small, and Alex was still there, sitting at the edge of Cova's bed, stroking the boy's face and hair. Wells groaned as I set him down, grabbing onto my shirt and curling up right next to me. I tried to gently move his hand but failed miserably. I was almost convinced he would have woken up and cried if I made him let go.
  "Just let him be, he'll let go soon enough," Alex whispered, pulling the blanket up and over Cova. Cova groaned at the movement, kicking the sheets a little.
  "He still has his shoes on..." I mumble, sighing and sitting down. I was clueless.
  "Take them off when lets go then. I'm gonna go head to bed, I'll see you in the morning." I nod and kick my shoes off, feeling incredibly exhausted myself. The game had taken its toll on my body and I was drained of all energy.
  Half an hour later, when he still hadn't let go of my body, I managed to climb over him and pull his shoes off of his feet without waking him up. It was difficult and tiring to do, but when I was done I sat up against the wall. He tossed and turned for a moment, before shuffling closer and curling up beside me again. I smile and pull the blanket over him, letting myself close my eyes. At least I wouldn't be invading too much space if I fell to sleep here. I wasn't too sure that I could stay awake for much longer even if he might get upset in the morning. He just wasn't letting go of me, and I was too tired to fight to stay awake.
  "I hope that you sleep well, lovely. You deserve it." his bedroom door was pulled shut after that, and I could have sworn that I jumped out of my skin. I didn't care who it was, I was more concerned that somebody was lingering near two omegas' door at night when almost nobody else should have been awake.