Twenty-Seven

Everything on my body was still sore and ached like I had been attacked. I still had attachment issues, and the world was not alright.

   I hated just about everyone aside from Hunter, and saw everyone but him for the first three days. He'd managed to work himself up so badly that he'd been admitted to the private wards. As the Alpha, he got the special treatment I should have been receiving too as his mate, but the doctors didn't see me as worthy enough for it.
  My chest hurt and I couldn't stand not being around him, and I knew where the private ward was, so even as sore as I was I got up and left my room. It was hard to move, but I did eventually. I carried on as I heard doctors and nurses saying I wasn't supposed to be up and walking. Until I reached Hunter's room. It was easy to find once I got there, just by smell alone.
  "You shouldn't be in there," a doctor told me, though she stepped back when I turned to face her. He was sat up, watching TV until he clearly smelled me, ignoring all the mess around his bed. A lot of things were broken. "Sir. He isn't accepting-"
  "He's fine in here. You aren't." the doctor went quiet, nodding and leaving the room with a sigh. I huffed, somehow making my way past all of the mess on the floor. "I thought you were still meant to be on bed rest."
  "I am. It still hurts being away though. So I came here." he nods, lifting up the blanket and budging over. "What's all this about?"
  "I missed you and I kept thinking about how much of an ass I am to you, and everyone's bombarding me but you couldn't come here and I just wanted to see you. So I destroyed the room." I nodded, getting into the oversized bed next to him. "I don't understand why they wouldn't just move you up here in the first place."
  "Probably the whole omega thing. They still don't like me very much." he hummed, pressing his face against my hair. He always did it, and then was always, always surprised when he would break out into spots. "Hey... you'll break out into spots if you keep doing that. They wouldn't let me go shower and my hair-"
  "Missed you. The spots go away in no time." I sighed, knowing that he would pout when his skin inevitably broke out. I could live with his pouty face, though. "You've been mean to the doctors too, H."
  "Didn't mean to, though. Just comes out when I'm panicking." Like clockwork, the doctor came in, a little surprised by Hunter's calm reaction. "I'm okay, not dizzy, not breathless, my heartbeat is fine. No side effects from the medication that I can feel."~
  "Sir, I know that you've been down this route before, but I still have to check all of these things. Things can get bad." Hunter huffed, looking away.
  "I know. Wanna check anything else whilst you're here?"
  "Blood pressure, any other symptoms you might have." the doctor was thorough, checking if the Alpha of the pack was actually okay.
  "I don't have any other symptoms. I've calmed down a lot. You can do blood pressure if you want." He nodded, and I watched. Hunter seemed way too used to this for my liking. He had never mentioned anything like this happening before.
  "Alright. That's fine. Has your appetite picked back up?" Hunter shrugs, looking at the plate that seemingly contained most of his breakfast. "I'll take that as a no. Still running that fever from... y'know?"
  "Nope. Fever and aggression gone."
"If I told you I had to ask our Luna to leave the room for a moment?" His eyes flashed color, but he remained mostly calm. My own heart rate picked up, and I wanted to attack the doctor myself. He couldn't make me leave again. Not again. I wouldn't. "That's a good sign. I assume you're alright with me asking about this morning with him here?"
  "This morning. Someone came in and I didn't want to see anyone but actors on TV. It's like brain hit factory reset and I just panicked and flipped out. Apparently they managed to sedate me after I destroyed the room again." The doctor wrote everything down, nodding.
  "Same symptoms as when you were a child, then?" Hunter nodded. "Any of those bursts of anger you had when you were here like this time?"
  "A couple days before Wells was in hospital. And a couple months ago. I don't really remember much of it." He mumbled, looking away. I could tell how guilty he felt, could feel it. "I had to stop taking that medication that stopped it, it was starting to cause hallucinations."
  "Right. Does your normal doctor know this?" Hunter nodded again, still looking away. I leaned against him, and he sighed. "Anything else before you were admitted?"
  "I don't know. The panic attacks started making me sick again? The nausea got a lot worse, and I just panic so much I'm sick."
  "Would you be willing to start a new medication to try and stop the anger outbursts again?" Hunter nodded, swallowing and looking away again. "It wouldn't work right away, so you might see a couple outbursts in the first few weeks."
  "I know. Done it before, remember." The doctor nodded, giving a smile. "Isn't there anything else other than medications if this doesn't work? I've been on three different medications for it and the last one was the only one that worked until it gave me hallucinations."
  "There's a possibility to try and tame the anger outbursts through a form of therapy. You said you've been experiencing them since the-"
  "Don't." His tone was harsh that time. I couldn't blame him. He had lost a lot that day, his whole family had never been the same.
  "I know. Since then, I mean. There's a couple things that we know are the causes to this, and if therapy can work through one or two of those issues, then there's a possibility that these outbursts become rare. Even off medication." Hunter didn't respond, leaning back and sighing. "I know you don't like to talk about these things, but it could really help."
  "I'll try the medication first."
  "I'll write you a prescription for it. It's a mood stabilizer designed specifically for, let's say our species. I've already looked at the medications you're already taking, and this one is the best fit for those. You'll take it twice a day, once in the morning and one in the evening," Hunter nodded, sitting up and listening carefully. "It won't completely stop the anger, but it'll help regulate. Like how anxiety medication doesn't completely stop the anxiety."
  "It's like I'm doing a medication bingo card at this point." I smiled as he looked at me, feeling content enough to be tired again. The doctor nodded, eventually leaving the room quietly. The door closed, and I leaned back, comfortable knowing that I wouldn't be moved again.
  "Didn't tell me you were supposed to be on medication." I mumbled, accepting his arm around me.
   "I was off it before I knew you. Didn't really think it was important." I frowned, not too happy that I hadn't been told but understanding his point. "I was doing fine without it majority of the time. I was. I just didn't think it was necessary to know if I was okay."
  "It just would have been nice to know things about your medical history. I understand why you didn't mention it, I just know there's things that you wouldn't be happy about if i didn't tell you." He nodded, sighing into my neck. "It doesn't effect me now but I told you."
  "I just didn't think it was necessary. Like, I thought it didn't need to be mentioned. It's not something people talk about much, so I didn't think anyone needed to know about any of it."
   "I needed to know about the anger the first time."
   "Why?"
   "You know why."
   "It doesn't excuse it, so it's not really necessary."
   "No, but it's a reason. Not an excuse, a reason why you change so drastically and then crash like you did." he sighed, shaking his head and shifting slightly to get more comfortable.
   "I don't understand why you needed to know."
   "Because it affects me. You've done things that needed to be explained, and haven't been until now. If it affects me, I should know." He nodded, humming. "You understand my point?"
  "I didn't think of it like that."