six

wells-

   At two in the morning, my bladder woke me up and changed its mind as soon as I tried to get up. I was ready to go back to sleep when I saw that Hunter Grimes was in my bed. My drool was on his shirt and his hand was in my hair, but he was in my bed and I didn't even care. The only problem was that he looked uncomfortable sleeping like that. He was sat up against the wall, his neck looking awkwardly cramped.
  "Hunter," I whispered, deciding that it would be best to wake him and let him sleep normally. Nobody, except maybe John Winchester, deserved to have a cramp in their necks. "Hunter." he jumped a little, waking up and groaning about wanting five minutes. I giggle quietly, watching him slowly realise what was going on around him.
  "Oh shit. I'm sorry, you wouldn't let me go and I fell asleep. I can go off to my own room and bed now if you—" I shake my head and pull my blanket up, offering for him to sleep comfortably in my bed. "You don't need to. I can leave."
  "Want you to stay, please. You're warm. Please stay." he nods slowly, moving to get under the blanket with me.
  "Can I, um, take my shirt off or something? I get too warm, but it's okay if you don't want that." I nod and watch as he pulls his shirt off, smiling when he finally lay down and pulled me closer. I let myself lean up against his body, relishing in the warmth of his skin. He didn't hesitate to close his eyes again, but I couldn't stop myself from staring for a few minutes. It felt normal, and every shade of right. If he wanted to, I would sleep like this every night.

   Cova was basically jumping on my bed like it was a trampoline, rendering my alarm clock near useless as he woke me up himself. Hunter groaned from beside me, making him laugh and carry on until I finally sat up and wrestled him to the ground. It wasn't even seven yet. What kind of heathen gets up before seven?
  "What is so important?" I groan, pinning him down.
  "You take forever to get ready and I want to get in the bathroom before the other hairy beasts get up and force us out again."
  "Good point. You could just wake me up like a normal person," he shook his head and tugs me up. "I mean, every morning this happens." Hunter rolls back around, pulling my blanket over himself and groaning.
  "Why's he in your bed?"
  "He fell asleep and I wanted him to stay. So he did. You've gotta get up, Hunter."
  "I have my own bathroom. I'll use that when I get up. You can wake me up at 7:45." I roll my eyes, reaching to shake him awake.
"I leave at 7:45." he groaned at the sound of me still talking, pulling a pillow over his head. I completely understood how he felt, but not all of us had the privilege of being the Alpha's son. "Then I'll just have to walk on my own."
"No you won't," he said, shooting up and rubbing his face, looking like I had just informed him on some of the worst news he'd ever heard.
"I will. You can't stop me."
"Yes I can, technically, but I'll literally drag you out to my car." I stick my tongue out at him and cross my arms.
"You can't make me get in. That's kidnapping." Cova snorted from behind me, before pulling me to the bathroom and shoving me inside. Even from the bathroom I could still hear the sounds of Hunter's grumbles.

I indeed ended up getting into his car. He was ready before I was and waited at the end of my bed on his phone. Seeing him sat there waiting for me was a little odd, but I enjoyed the simplicity of his presence. It almost felt like he'd never had any dislike for me at all.
We stopped by the coffee shop again, where he insisted that he buy my breakfast and carry all of my stuff. My gym bag had started to hurt my shoulders, and though I refused to give it to him, he snatched the bag from my hands and carried it anyway.
"You should already be dressed in your gym clothes," Coach Sander said, shaking his head at me as I slowly approached him. Every single bone in my body ached and screamed for rest. "Everyone else is already ready to train."
"I can't do training today," I whisper, feeling eyes on me from every angle. Before I could explain any further, my body hit the ground and everything around me stopped making sense. Voices rang through my eyes, but the words weren't coherent, and my throat felt like it was closing in on me. It was suffocating.
"What happened?" Hunter whispered, easily lifting me up and carrying me out of the room. Everything was moving too quickly to comprehend, so I closed my eyes and leaned into his shoulder.
"I don't know," I whisper, breathing in his scent and trying to calm myself down. Being this close to him could be overwhelming, but it was so much better than how I felt earlier on.
"Maybe it's the whole mate thing? You're really light..."
"Omegas eat last at home, and not very much at school. Putting too much in our plates wastes food on the weak. It's alright, though, we don't get that hungry."
"I don't like how little you're eating, but if you're happy and at least healthy, I won't say anything." I nod into his chest, before remembering all of the times Cova had broken down crying because of hunger.
"Say something. For Cova. He'll say he's alright with it but he gets so hungry it hurts him." he nods, and knocks gently on the infirmary door.

The nurse was tall, young, and clearly some sort of opposition for Hunter. From the moment he had opened the door, Hunter had stared and glared at him coldly. He'd growled a few times, though it seemed that it had been subconscious and he didn't mean to.
"Stop growling at me," he said, sighing "It's my job to go near him."
"Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't realise I was doing it." Hunter whispers, looking at the ground. He was confused, and I could feel that he was fighting his own mind.
"New mates. Got it." Hunter flushed at the mention of mates, trying to hide the small, shy smile he wore. Every fibre in me told me not to fall for it, but it felt like he was warming up to the idea of us and I could help but be excited.
"It seems that he's okay, but he needs to take it careful from here on. Passing out during heat isn't a good sign, but he should be fine."

"By the gods, I knew that he'd warm up," Cova said, clapping and jumping in excitement before turning serious. "I don't have to like him yet, right?"
  "You don't have to like him... Tell me about your mate, then!" Cova went bright red and grinned, shaking his head.
  "We might have skipped training to, uh, you know."
  "Oh my gods you didn't— you did! In the changing rooms?"
  "Yeah. In one of the stalls at the back. He's great. How about yours? resisting temptation?"
  "We haven't done anything like that but I think he's warming up to me like you said he would, so that's alright. I'm just scared he might switch up and start hating me again. Maybe he still hates me and is just pretending..."
  "I don't think he's pretending, but you should tell him how you feel. He can't improve if he doesn't know."
  "But I feel like if I say too much he'll get angry and hit me again. My face is still sore."