seven

Hunter

   Wells hadn't come down for dinner, so I was stood outside of his bedroom door, about to go in and make sure he was recovering okay from nearly passing out in training. Before I went in, though, I heard him talking about how he was still scared of me. The news broke me a little, but I couldn't blame him. Just days before I had screwed up royally, and he had every right on earth to be weary. All I did hope, however, was that he knew somewhere in his mind that I was truly trying to make it up to him. Our lives would either be spent together, or mateless, and I can't bear to lose him now.
  Before entering his room and making myself know, I collected myself and my thoughts, waiting for just a moment. He couldn't know that I had heard his conversation.
  "Hey," I said, hoping that I didn't sound too upset. "You worried me earlier, you know. Passing out like that."
  "I feel a lot better now," he smiled, picking at the skin around his fingernails. For a moment or two, I stared at him, silently smiling.
  "If you're feeling better, I was hoping that you would come with me somewhere..."
  "Where?" I smile and hold out my hand, watching him shrug at his friend and take it. He seemed hesitant but stood and followed me anyway. I wasn't sure whether or not I was glad. Maybe he was just scared to say no. "Where are we going?
  "A spot I won't even take Alex. I've never taken anyone there and I think I'm okay with you seeing it. You're my mate and I-" I stop myself, looking away.
  "You're?"
  "I don't know, but it's not bad. It feels right, that's all I know."
  "I could smell you behind the door, you know. You're my mate, and I'm in heat. Everything is heightened," he said, grabbing my hand and stopping me. "You were a dick. Nothing is going to change that. I'm just paranoid that whatever this is won't last long, that you'll get annoyed with me and—" I stopped him, pushing him against the wall with ease and trying to be as gentle as possible. "What are you doing?"
  "I don't know," I whisper, and out of nowhere, he gasped, pushing forward. "Whatever feels right. I think I was going to kiss you."
  "Then do it."
  "But... do you really want me to? Or are you saying it because you think I won't let you say no?" he didn't answer, instead just grabbing me by the shirt and kissing me. I almost didn't react, I almost pushed him away, but it felt right and I couldn't help but melt into it.
  "Did that answer your question?" I nod and he smiles. "I've wanted to do that since the kitchen incident. Maybe you make me feel some sort of way. Maybe i just want to kiss you all of the time. Maybe I've just been waiting for you to finally be okay with us being mates and it feels like you're liking it. Like— like you're warming up to me,"
  "I—"
  "Wasnt finished," he mumbled, grabbing my face. "I'm scared because of the way you treated me that day, yes, but don't treat me like I'm glass. I want you to treat me like your mate like I'm not going to break if you try too much. Give me time to adjust and make sure you won't switch up again, but act normal. That's all I want."
  "Okay. I can do that. First just let me—" I cut myself off, kissing him again just to make sure it still felt right. It felt nothing like kissing anybody else had, more special, even. His arms tightened around my neck and he grabbed onto the back of my hair, pushing himself closer to me.
  "Still treating me like glass," he teases, and I grab his arms, pushing them above his head so he couldn't move. "I'm not gonna break if you try a little harder."
  "No, but you might crumble if I do much more. Already wanting more, aren't you? You think I can't feel it?" he flushed red and tried to look away, and something in me loved it. I caught his gaze again, holding his jaw with my free hand. "It's alright, we can ignore it if we must. Pretend nothing's there and that it's not your body reacting to me just standing here. Can't we?"
  "Now you're just being a tease!"
  "I don't know what you're talking about." he manages to pull one of his arms free, reaching down and trying to undo his jeans. "Go ahead. Do what you think you're about to do and see what happens."
  "But—" he whispers, confused.
  "You can wait 'til later," he shakes head and whines quietly. "Yes, you can. You will. Do you know why?"
  "Why?"
  "Because, I think it's fair to say that if you want to be treated normally, you can accept that that area, in general, is mine," he gulps and covers his mouth, nodding. "And I don't like when others touch my things without asking first. So, you can wait 'til later for me, right?"
  "Why later, though?"
  "Told you: I wanna show you something. Don't worry, I'll do a good job with you later. I'll take care of everything you need."
  "We can go later, though."
"We could, but we're going now love." he nods and whines, but follows me anyway.