ten

People stared at us like they had never seen us before, and all we had done was walk into class. Hunter simply smirked as he continued to hold my hand in his, almost like the looks given didn't bother him. It was either that, or they simply fueled his ego. Probably the latter, judging by the smirk.
"You've just gotta ignore them," he whispers to me, sitting in the seat that Cova usually did. It was a lot warmer in class than it was usually, and I could feel several eyes watching me. Maybe I was just being paranoid.
"I've not got to do shit," I snap, though I instantly feel awful when he looks down with a frown. I hadn't intended to snap really. "Everybody is looking at me like I have indeed killed someone." he nods silently, pulling a pen from his pocket. It wasn't even the right colour. If I had done that, I would be yelled at until I cried and given so many detentions I would drop education altogether. No omega could do half of the things others do and get away with it.
"What are you looking at me like that for? I didn't do anything wrong this time, did I?"
"You didn't do anything. I'm just thinking about how I would be killed with words if I wrote in purple ink and not black or blue." at that he smiled, grabbing his notebook and flicking through it.
"I don't write much. I can't read very well either. It's like, the letters float around the page too much for me to get anything done. It just gives me a headache and nobody can ever read my writing." he shows me a few pages, some having words scribbled down incorrectly and some written by someone else entirely. He'd drawn in the corners of the page and scribble a little, but he barely wrote anything more than a few words.
"Dyslexia?" he shrugs, trying to flick through the class textbook like he knew what he was doing. He struggled to find the page but got there eventually.
"Alex reads for me a lot of the time, or I end up stuck reading the same thing over and over until I start banging my head on the table. I don't usually bother in this class, 'coz nobody wants to help. I'm actually failing it." before I could say anything else, the class began and Hunter was doodling in the corner of his book as I took notes. He was pretty good at it, but I could tell he wasn't enjoying himself. "Dysk— Disc—" he struggled for a minute, before putting down his pen and huffing. It was adorable, but at the same time, I hated to see him struggle.
"Discolouration," I whisper, watching him read over it again. "What if you tried drawing it instead? That way you're not reading much, but you have an understanding of the words."
"How would I even draw a word like that? I barely even know what it means." I took a pencil and scribbled down a shaded circle at the bottom of the page, and then another with less pigment. "Right. Loses colour."
"Adam." My neck near snapped at the mention of my first name, and I reluctantly looked up. I hated it with a burning passion. "Focus—" Hunter cut him off and smiled politely as he spoke.
"Wells was just helping me with the work. I forgot one of the words you said whilst reading and he reminded me." Mr Wright nodded and scowled at me before rubbing his hands together and continuing the class. "I can feel the hatred for your name."
"Whilst I would love to discuss my absolute hatred for my name, I don't want to get into trouble with him. The last time that happened, I also ended up getting into trouble with the Alpha. Your Dad already doesn't like me very much, and now that he has to tolerate me, I don't want to give him any issues."

I was stuck outside of my bedroom. Locked out. Hunter had a game that I couldn't go to because I was still supposed to be preparing for his ceremonies, and stopping me from getting changed or having access to any heat suppressants was Cova and Alex having sex. They weren't quiet about it either. They were both very, very loud.
"Not to interrupt you both, but I'm going to need the suppressants if I'm planning to get through the day," I say through the door, cringing to myself when things went quiet. I could hear fumbling and groaning, and then my door unlocking. Alex stood behind the door, his lower half covered by the door as he held out a strip of suppressants. He looked like a mess, and I nearly threw up at the sight of it. "Thanks. Maybe quieten down a little, people are starting to get home."
"Sure thing. You have grass stains on your knees."
"Fuck you," I mumble, knowing that he couldn't do anything to me without making Hunter, his own Alpha, angry. "If I see any stains on my side of the room, I'm gonna kill you." I felt a tug at my hair and look up, finding one of the bigger guys behind me. Alex's expression instantly changed, and he grabbed a towel to wrap around his waist. I didn't even care that it was my towel.
"Carson, it was just a joke, man. Let go of him," he warns, though I quickly followed through with my sudden urge to start screaming. I screamed loud enough to be heard by everyone, loud enough to shake the walls and certainly loud enough to catch the Alpha's full attention. He'd have to do something now that I was his son's mate. Even Alex bowed slightly as the Alpha walked through, though I did nothing but duck behind the overgrown man with unresolved anger issues. He seemed to sense that something was wrong and backed up slightly, almost squashing me against the wall with his weight. "Carson grabbed him, Sir, I could see his hands trying to get into his pants."
"He blatantly disrespected you and you did nothing!"
"It was all just a joke. I'm in his bedroom a little busy, he's allowed to have an opinion on that sort of stuff." Cova groaned and stepped out of the room, wearing Alex's hoodie and clinging onto his waist. He glared at Carson and if looks could kill he'd be long gone. Carson started to growl, ready to fight Alex, but Cova near lunged forward and attacked him. The Alpha did nothing but turn to face me, hands against my face as if to take a closer look at me.
"Nothing happened to you, right?"
"Nothing. He just grabbed my hair and I knew he was going to try. I don't know why I started screaming." he nods and starts to check that I really wasn't hurt. He really seemed to care now that I was his son's mate. I knew that he would have just let things happen if that wasn't the case.
"Are you sure?" I nod and he places a hand on my back, guiding me over to his office. It was like he forgot that I was supposed to be doing something. "You're sure he didn't do anything else?"
"Just grabbed my hair. Then I screamed and you came. I didn't mean to offend anyone I was just joking with Alex about whatever he's doing with Cova in my bedroom."
"Carson knows that you're my sons mate. Speaking of my son, have you had any other issues with Hunter?"
"None. He's doing his best, maybe even getting used to me."
"Nothing at all?"
"Only the typical issues, a few arguments that got solved within minutes here and there."
"Right. No violence, though?" I shook my head and smiled, already smelling him before he entered. "Nobody has called him yet."
"He's outside of the room, and smells like sweat."

Hunter shoved open the door, gasping and rushing over to me. I nearly pushed him off, but saw the panic in his eyes and let him check me over.
"What happened? All I could hear was screaming," he said, stunning his Father.
"You heard him scream?" Hunter nods, still checking me over carefully, though completely ignoring the fact that his leg was bleeding. A lot. Once he was aware of no clear damage, he looked up to his Dad and speaks.
"I might need a new car," his tone was sheepish, and he sounded like it hadn't been the first time that his car had needed to be replaced. "A football went through the windshield and somebody dented all my doors." The Alpha rolls his eyes, nodding and sighing. He still hadn't asked why his son's leg was soaked in blood.
"What did you do?" I ask, pointing at his leg.
"Oh, when I heard you screaming I ran straight off the field and got knocked into something. I wasn't paying attention, I just ran home." I nod, taking a closer look when I spotted more blood. He was bloody all the way to his ribs. "You smell like Carson. What did he do?"
"He never got a chance to do anything but grab me. I screamed before he could." Hunter shooed his Father, who gladly left to deal with Carson. He didn't seem to believe what I was saying, thinking that Carson must have done something. "All he did was grab my hair. Alex said that Carson tried slipping his hands down my trousers but I never felt it. Your Dad heard me scream, though." he huffs, wrapping his jacket around my body. I pull it on properly, zipping it up and hoping that he'd get over the smell soon. I never gave him the chance to do anything else before pushing him to sit down, though. The cuts all over his legs looked nasty and bloody. They were deep and obviously painful, but he didn't seem to feel them. "You're not touching them until I know for sure he didn't do anything."
"He didn't and you can't stop me."
"I'll do what I want when it comes to your safety." I scoff and cross my arms.
"Not if you want your balls intact. Leg up." he stared and shook his head. "Fine." I raised my foot to kick him, and he reluctantly lifted his leg for me to see. "I thought so."
He hissed and winced as I cleaned each cut, shaking his head.
"I'm okay, Hunter. He really didn't do anything to me. Ask Alex if you need some more reassurance. Cova attacked Carson, too."
"I still don't have to like this."
"I never said you did. You implied that you did."
"Now you're acting like I did something wrong." I shake my head and grab his face.
"What is wrong? Like, seriously."
"Every time something happens you look at me like that and it's like I did something wrong."
"I don't mean to pull faces Hunter, I'm in pain nearly every second of the day when I'm in heat and I have resting bitch face. To add to that I nearly get assaulted pretty much everyday. It's draining."
"I know it's draining. It just feels like I've done something wrong when you look at me like that."