eleven

Wells-

With Hunter's ceremony in less than forty-eight hours, the alpha has more or less banned me from seeing him. He thought that I would have a better focus on cleaning the dining room and preparing it for the feast to come if I wasn't so focused on my mate. The dining room definitely needed cleaning, so I could understand needing to do it, but being banned from seeing my own mate seemed a little extreme. Cova, still in heat, had also been given the same harsh instructions, and I could feel that something was definitely going to go wrong with this.
"We get to go back up soon, Cee," I whisper, pulling down some more chairs for the table. I couldn't pull down the most important chairs. They were the most important seats and I didn't know where they would want to be sat. That, and they were far too heavy for to lift. "He will come and check the room over and he'll be okay with it soon."
"I want Alex," he whined, rubbing his face and opening the window.
"I know, Cee, but we've been told that we aren't to see them until he's satisfied with the state of this room." he nods and sighed, taking a step away so that he could catch his breath. He came right back over when we could hear the footsteps approaching the door. We stand still as it opens, and the Alpha scanned the room carefully.
"Right," he said, walking around and tugging down the two heavy chairs for us. "This is good. You can sort out the seating arrangements in the morning. Go back upstairs." we bow our heads and thank him, before quickly leaving the room and going to meet our mates for the first time in hours. Cova nearly ran, and I was near running too, but we kept our dignity and walked to our bedroom.
  Alex was already sat there, but Hunter was in his bedroom waiting for me. We hadn't been able to use my bedroom much whilst Cova was in heat. It wasn't pleasant to be woken up to somebody having sex in the bed opposite to you in the middle of the night.
  "Wells," he whispers, trying to pull himself unstuck from under his bed. I lean down, laughing, and pulled his shirt off of some sort of hook under his bed. He was free within seconds. "That was embarrassing."
  "I'm exhausted," he grabbed my waist and pushed me onto his bed. "I'm sure he hates me."
  "You've never met my Grandad. Compared to him, my Dad's pretty tame. Still, I wish I could've helped down there. I don't know why he insisted on separation." I nod and roll under the blankets, ready to just go to sleep. "You can't sleep yet. We've got dinner."
  "Not for another hour, can't I just take a nap?" he sighs and nods, grabbing something on his desk and going to put it in his bag. "What's wrong?"
  "I kinda got assigned some sort of essay thing for history and I can't read the question properly. I won't even be able to answer it properly anyway, it doesn't matter." I sat back up and took his book, reading over the question. He sighed and sat next to me, clearly not wanting to do it, or thinking that I wouldn't help him. "I tried reading it but I just can't and it's irritating. It's giving me a headache."

   It took a while for us to get through the essay. Lots of breaks, lots of complaining, and quite a bit of laughing at each other. By the time we finished, he'd managed to put together an essay that could get a good grade, and was pretty proud of it.
  "I can't normally do it like that. Alex can only focus on something like this for so long and it just never gets done. I'm dreading the ceremony. I have to read something out and Dad tries to help with my reading but I can never do it."
  "Then don't read it. Listen to it, and repeat it. You said that it helps to hear it, right?" Hunter nods and smiles. "I can record myself reading it if you want, and then all you need to do is listen to it and repeat." he grins and goes through his incredibly messy desk to find a sheet of paper. It took a few minutes, but he eventually got it and showed it to me. It was his oath to the pack. "What about you? At some point, you've got to be introduced too, and I want to know how you're feeling about it."
  "Haven't thought about it much. Too busy cleaning to focus on it."