thirteen

Wells

Four-thirty in the morning. I had been woken up at four-thirty.

Hunter himself had been sat on my bedroom floor for hours, rubbing his face Alex woke me up. He had his earphones in, and I could hear that he was listening to his speech again. Alex ignored Hunter, and apparently, I was supposed to ignore Hunter, and apparently, I was supposed to ignore him as well. I got that message when I was pulled away from him a little too harshly.
"He's in a bad mood and needs to calm his shit. Give him half an hour before talking to him because that shits new."
"He's nervous, what do you expect?" Alex just shrugged, and pulled me across the halls to a large room, with more items of clothing and more closets than I had ever seen before. It was slightly overwhelming. "What are we doing in here?"
"You need to pick an outfit for the ceremony. You're part of it too." I nod, feeling all of the clothes and sighing at each texture. They were beautiful, and I had never thought that I would actually wear something like these clothes. "We can get a warlock to fix the sizes if none of it is small enough for you."
"Rub it in that I'm small, why don't you?" he laughs and pulls down a suit, holding it against my body and showing it to me. I almost instantly fell in love with it. "This is beautiful."
"Put it over there and have a look at a few others first. I'm going to go make Hunter a coffee, do you want one?" I nod, grinning and rubbing my hands together. I'd nearly completely forgotten how early it was. I was just so excited. "Hey, you're getting really bouncy. Just try and remember that most of the pack are still sleeping." I stopped and looked down.
"Sorry."
"No, no. It's alright. I'm just worried that somebody will come and yell at you whilst I'm making the coffee. You're not the Luna just yet, you'll be more vulnerable until you are." he came over and gave me a hug, making me feel somewhat better. "I liked that you were excited. Hunter would love to see how excited you get, and probably kill me if I upset you."
"I was just really excited because they're so sparkly and pretty, and I wanna feel them all." he smiled again and nodded, getting ready to leave me there.

I took a breath, sitting in a chair beside the spot Hunter would soon be standing. All eyes were on me until Alex reached over and squeezed my hand.
"He'll be out here soon enough. It's alright." I nod and keep watching out for him. It was terrifying being up here, and I felt like somebody would come and attack me at any chance that they could get. It would be one of their last chances before I become their Luna. "There are more guards than you know about in the first row, all here to stop anything bad from happening. Don't worry, nothing will happen."
"These are the same people who have wanted to assault me for my whole life. I'm going to worry." he stopped my leg from bouncing so hard against the floor, and soon the entire room went silent. He pulled me to my feet. Everybody in the audience bowed their heads, and Hunter came through with a smile. I instantly felt calmer, and even more when he pulled me to him.
"My Father always told me stories about when I was a child. He said that I would sneak into his office with my crayons, and make laws for my imaginary pack. He thought I was made for this title," he said into the microphone. "My mother always thought that this was a dangerous job, and if you remember, she was always right. I wish I could see the look on her face about being right about this too."
He spoke carefully for nearly half an hour, getting a round of applause once he was finished. I stood up next, and people sighed, before correcting themselves when they were glared at.
"Adam Wells, my mate. Your Luna. You will respect him as you would any other Luna." whispers filled the room, but Hunter cleared his throat and they all started to stand up as I pulled the microphone to my height.
I spoke for ten minutes, getting some eye rolls and some more sighs. Hunter stopped any of it from happening, and Hunter's father only scoffed as I spoke, but by the end, the crowd stood and bowed unprovoked. It wasn't a lot, but for an omega it was something at least.