53

⚠️ TW : SUICIDE, DEPRESSION

The only thing that can be feel is the chilly wind of the night from the opened windows. Uncomfortable silence and awkwardness filled in the vintage designed living room between Dumbledore, Elora and Estelle, Elayne's sister. Each of them sat on a single armchair placed in front of the fireplace with Elora and Dumbledore's chair across Estelle's. Behind the brown haired woman, there's the opened windows, showing the wonderful view of the city of love.

"So.. You are not my mother?" Elora asked while looking down at the floor.

"No, Elora. I'm sorry, I'm her sister. She asked me to stay at her apartment to take care of it"

"So, she's really dead?" Elora asked after looking up from the floor, straight into Estelle's eyes.

"Yes, she's not here, Elora.. I'm so sorry" said Estelle in a tone of regret.

"I thought for a moment when I saw you that my mother was alive but I guess no" Elora said again.

"She is resting now, Elora. She needs a rest" Dumbledore said after a long silence.

"What did you want to show me?" Elora said in a quieter tone. It's hard for her to move on from the little hope she had when she saw Estelle. She wished that Elayne was still alive so that all of the problems she has would disappear and she knows which sides that she should choose.

"Estelle, do you know where Elayne keeps her diary?" Estelle nodded her head as she stands up from her seat and heads towards a turquoise drawer with brass fittings that is at the corner of the room.

She pulled the first drawer and a book with black cover on it. She headed back towards Dumbledore and passed it into his hand. Dumbledore's begins flipping from pages to pages until he stops at one. He read it carefully before passing it to Elora.

Elora accepts the diary and read it with so much focus. She reads it, a word after words, not leaving any information behinds. The page consists of how Elayne truly feels for Voldermort and how much she's worry for the safety of infant Elora. She reads how Elayne put the protection charm on Elora to protect her from Voldermort.

Every sins I had done and the price I have to pay. It was my fault to fall for Tom Marvolo Riddle. The lust tension I felt for him was unbearable. I committed a huge sin and that is to fall for him. I wished I had knew from the start that he was using me for my powers. He knew my child would be beneficial for him to conquer the world and I wish I had know it earlier. Now, I'm paying the price with having to fight against him and protecting my daughter from him at all cost. It was my task to end him. I could only hope she would be protected against any kinds of dangers towards her with my protection charm after I'm gone.

Voldermort has now fallen after a year of me and the Order fighting for the freedom we dreamt for. I hope with ending my lives, it would end the pain I felt all of these times and pay for all of the mistakes I've committed. I could only hope for Albus to protect my little one now as I won't be able to take care of her  now.

A tear unknowingly fell from Elora's eye. She closed the book and her head hangs low in shame. Elora's face went pale.

"Elora, she was tired and she couldn't handle it anymore" Dumbledore said while looking straight into Elora's eyes

"A-and left me?" Elora's heart shattered into pieces. She couldn't believe what she just read from her mother's diary.

"She was so sick Elora. She.. Almost killed you without her realising it and that's when she decided it was too much and take her own life." more tears fall from Elora's eyes like rain.