Pleasant conversations

"-I'm sorry but I just don't understand" Cameron shook her head with frustration as Morgan laughed.

"It's literally just dodging; it's about learning to dodge enough to learn the attacker's pattern and then attack to detain not to defend" he said from the other side of the ring in the gym.

It had been 3 weeks since Morgan's secret training with Cameron began and they had met almost every morning and evening before/after work, even with the occasional weekend if they weren't on a case and Morgan couldn't help but enjoy the time he was spending with her.

Cameron was worried he would get annoyed at her or frustrated with how much time they were spending together but he was having the time of his life it seemed. He was the one pushing for them to train on the weekends, the one telling her to arrive early to work to get a quick training session or study session in before the day started- hence why Cameron was so exhausted all of the time now.

It was an early morning before a paperwork day which, thanks to Cameron continuing to do everyone's paperwork early despite her extra secret training on top of it all, meant they were going to all get the day- and probably rest of the week- off.

"But I don't get why they're trying to attack me- I'm just trying to help them" she sighed with confusion, he laughed once again.

"Because they're criminals Cam, they don't care if you're trying to help them- if you've got a badge and gun, they're going to try and do this" he lunged at her which caused her to scream and curl into a ball with her eyes closed- spotting Morgan in fits of laughter when she opened them.

"You... you have to stop that or I think I might pee myself" he tried to say through his chuckles that made her laugh and stand up.

"I'm trying- it's a lot scarier seeing you go to hit me than you think."

"I promise I would never hit you" he smiled sweetly.

"You literally hit me not even 5-minutes ago."

"That doesn't count- that's training" he defended, "I would never really hit you."

"How kind of you" she said with a hint of sarcasm to her voice which she had picked up from him, he smiled before shaking her shoulders.

"Come on, let's go again."

"I'm so tired" she laughed before readying herself, he paused and shook his head.

"What am I going to say?" He nodded down to her footing position which she quickly adjusted to the right stance.

"Sorry" she giggled.

"You stand like a Ballerina- wait, you're not a Ballerina are you?" He mocked before asking seriously which made her laugh.

"No Morgan, not all Russians are Ballerina's Morgan. I also look literally nothing like a ballerina- I am rather short."

"You're getting too comfortable with that joking of yours Miss Sokolov" he teased.

"Я должен его к высокому идиоту передо мной" she chuckled.

"That's not fair, you can't mock me in Russian- at least let me hear so I can defend myself" he readied his stance.

"I had to learn an entire new language in less than 3 months- you do the same and then you can defend yourself" she smiled, he paused with a proud smile of her before nodding.

"Ready?"

She took a breath of courage and nodded.

"Ready."