Trapped together

"Johnson! Cameron wake up, please wake up, oh god please be okay" Hotch's desperate voice rang through her ears so clearly that Cameron thought she must be dreaming.

That was until she opened her eyes and remembered what had happened- it wasn't a dream, it was the nightmare of reality.

Cameron didn't remember much after Javier had bashed her over the head in the barn but what she did sent chills down her spine.

She had woke up once with him carrying her on his shoulder before she passed out again, waking up again now as Hotch's concerned pleas flooded her mind.

"A-Agent Hotchner?" She mumbled through a pain coursing through her head as she tried to open her eyes fully, realising now she was led on the floor with her hands tied behind her back and legs bound at the ankles on a dirty floor, but not the same dirty floor she had fallen unconscious on- similar but not quite the same.

"Cameron!" Hotch's relieved voice brought her attention up to see him tied to a metal chair opposite her; his face was bloodied, he had cuts on his arms and legs and his clothes were torn and dirtied but still his presence alone seemed to bring her comfort.

"O-Oh my god, Agent Hotchner! Are you okay?" Cameron opened her eyes wide at the sight of him.

"What are you doing here? Did he get you? Did he hurt you?!" Hotch rattled off a dozen questions as Cameron sat up, realising from the metal chair next to her that she must have fallen off- which was when she realised her rope around her hands wasn't tied properly.

She quickly shimmied out of it and pulled off the rope around her legs.

"Wait- that was too easy" Hotch paused as she stood up in shock.

"What?"

Hotch thought for a second before being hit with a horrifying realisation.

"Cameron, untie me right now" he said with fear in his voice that made her do it without any questions.

"I-I can't, it's too tight- it's going to cut your wrists if I do" she said as annoying tears took their natural place in her eyes.

"I don't care if you cut me just get me out of the ties before he comes back" Hotch ordered.

"I-I don't want to hurt you-"

"Johnson just do it!" Hotch couldn't help his yelling, pausing when he heard sniffles from Cameron as she had to dig her nails into his skin to get him out of the extremely tight ropes.

"It's okay Cameron, it's going to be okay" he tried to comfort through winces of pain, a pit in his stomach from hearing her try not to cry. 

He knew that she hated to hurt people, she hated seeing people in pain and hated being the cause of pain even more.

She kept apologising over and over again as he tried not to yelp from the intense pain, from her nails digging into the rope cutting into his flesh.

"I-I'm so sorry" she focused on the finale knot that was the deepest.

"It's okay, I promise that it's- son of a-" Hotch tried to say before he let out swears of pain as she dug her hands throat the rope into his cuts to get the it off.

"I'm so sorry" she cried as the bloodied rope fell to the floor, blood soaked under her nails- his blood on her hands.

Hotch caught his breath as he brought his hands to the front of him, his wrists were hurt badly from being tied so tightly but he could still move them which meant he luckily didn't tear any nerves- it just hurt like hell given the rope burn he also had from being held all night by his arms hanging on a beam as Javier beat him to 'prep him' to be an easy first kill for the family.