Two Russians and an agent

"So to recap; there's two unsubs now, one is in prison trying to convince us it's not him so he doesn't get the death sentence and one is still out there- probably killing, and we have no idea who or where they are despite spending the last 7 hours scanning every inch of these files?" Emily sighed in her seat as night grew around the station.

"8 hours and 35 minutes" Reid corrected as he drank his 6th coffee of the night.

"Don't forget the religious aspects that don't add up because Steve wasn't a part of any organised religion before the killings- the guy didn't even go to church growing up" Rossi shook his head.

"So we can assume this other guy was the one who brought the religious aspects into the killings then?" JJ wrote on the board as she yawned.

"Who knows anymore, the words on the board don't even look like words" Morgan rubbed his eyes.

"Do we think it's just two unsubs still?"

"I believe it's a classic 'alpha and beta' situation but with the alpha being the brains instead of the brute. Given Steve's build and the fact that he's not giving up his partner we can assume he was the beta in the pairing so we're looking for an alpha who doesn't do the dirty work" Hotch added, glancing over at Cameron who was the only one still intensely trying to read the files and making various notes in Russian to translate as she went like she had been the entire time.

"Johnson- have you found anything?" He prompted but she was too engulfed in the file she was reading, highlighting and writing notes on another file in her other hand at the same time.

"Cam?" Morgan nudged her arm, accidentally making her jump.

"O-oh sorry, was someone saying something?" She looked around in bewilderment, only now realising how dark it had gotten and that the rest of the team were back.

Hotch couldn't help his low, slight chuckle at her before standing up and walking over to look at her notes, not realising just how much that deep chuckle made her stomach flutter.

"I just wondered if you had found anything" he asked as he looked over her shoulder to look at her notes, hiding a smile at her beautiful penmanship.

"Oh right, sorry- I'm not too sure, you can have a look if you like."

"I unfortunately can't read Russian" he pointed out with an amused smile that the rest of the team were too tired to notice.

"Right, of course, sorry" she chuckled through a sudden yawn before listing off her notes, having to translate them back to English as she did.

"Wait- what was that one?" He paused her.

"Hm? The one about the bible being a reference source according to Harvard but I didn't know who to write as the author and ended up putting 'g., god'?"

"No, no- the one about the ways the bodies were positioned" Hotch prompted, learning over her chair and flipping the page to the file she had mentioned, Cameron blushing slightly at his body so casually over hers.

"Oh yeah; so if you go the religious route then it looks like sacrifices which go against the bible in many ways not to mention you said there hadn't been any similar killings in the last 25 killings which would be necessary for sacrificial killings according to Reid's book- so I started to look through other files in the area of bodies found in religious positions but that had no other references to these murders and a lot more have popped up- however they're from various different religions, not just Christianity like the ones on these cases so I don't really know what that means but I assume it's not connected so I crossed it off."