Witness (2)

"I understand that you're mad at me-" Hotch tapped at Cameron's hotel room door like he had been all night without any response, "-but please don't ignore me, you always say that it's better to talk about it instead of bottling it up."

He was slumped with his back at the door since the hotel refused to give him a key to get into her room which was fair given the fact he was seemingly a random man asking for a spare key card to a 'single' woman's room.

So he just sat there knocking every few minutes, waiting for her, trying to talk to her, trying to apologise.

"Aaron? What are you doing?" A familiar voice came from the other side of the hallway and he turned with surprise to see Cameron walking from the stairs with a coffee and stack of files in her hands.

"Cameron?" He tilted his head and ran over to her, "why aren't you in your hotel room? I've been here all night and didn't see you leave- did you climb out the window to avoid me or something?"

"You were here all night? You need this more than me" she chuckled with surprise and handed him her coffee, "I didn't come back to my room, I needed to sort something out."

"But I heard you in there" he tilted his head with confusion at the door, Cameron looked at it and held up her key card that said 'room 140' compared to the 'room 145' on the door.

"Oh."

Cameron burst into laughter and patted his arm as she walked to her hotel room door further down the hall.

"I should apologise to the poor woman I must have scared by sitting outside her room all night."

"I think she's probably heard enough from you" Cameron chuckled with amusement.

"Well at least I know a good lawyer for my inevitable restraining order" Hotch teased as they got to her hotel room door and she popped it open, turning back with confusion when he didn't follow her in.

"Are you okay?" She tilted her head at him.

"I just don't want to bother you if you were still mad at me- I wanted to come and apologise."

"I'm not mad at you silly" she chuckled and gestured for him to come in.

"You're not? You seemed rather angry at me earlier, rightfully so of course" he walked in as she walked over to the bed and opened her case, pulling out her medical kit.

"I wasn't- okay I was a little bit, but more at the situation than at you" she chuckled and took off her jacket.

"Cameron! What happened?" Hotch ran over when he saw the slice across her hand that had been hidden by her long sleeves.

"Oh it's fine" Cameron assured.

"What happened? Did someone hurt you? Who hurt you?" Hotch took her hand and examined it, noticing from the angle that it was self-inflicted.

"I had to prove to Amélia that I am me with a blood oath" Cameron nodded.

"What does that mean? Who's Amélia? Cameron-" Hotch let out a sigh, "-what's going on?" Cameron cupped his face with her non-bloodied hand.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been telling you everything, I really am" she spoke sincerely, "it's just... I wanted to get everything sorted before I got your hopes up, I didn't want to disappoint you if I couldn't figure it out."

"Figure what out?" Hotch sat her down on the bed as he started bandaging her hand for her.

"Okay; so the reason I fought to get this job, the only reason I could really come back since I couldn't come back to town just as a civilian without any protection of sorts-" she began, "-was because I'm starting a civil case and I need this job level because it's the only way I can not be in hiding and do something."