Witness (1)

"P-please don't do this Carlos" Cameron cried as the giant man dragged her by the hair across the warehouse.

"Ты забрал у меня все, ты забрал мой мир" he responded as he hurled her across the room.

'You took everything from me, you took my world'

"C-Carlos please! This isn't you! You've been drugged! Please let me help you" she cried and tried to crawl to him to get the drugs out of his system in anyway she could.

"Enough child!" Carlos kicked her in the stomach and she keeled over- he wiped the blood that was coming out of his nose, too distracted by his anger to realise that she was right.

"P-please, you can kill me if you want just let me help you!" She sobbed as he pulled out his gun and dragged her to a kneeling position.

"You're the reason my wife died, you're the reason he killed her- it's all your fault" he spoke words he didn't believe were true but couldn't stop coming out of his mouth.

"I-I know" she sobbed, "I'm so sorry Carlos, I'm so sorry for all I've caused but please just-"

He smacked her around the face with the end of the gun and she stumbled to the floor as she spat blood.

"Carlos! For god sakes just let me save you!" She screamed up at him, "you need medical attention!"

"I will kill you first, I will rid the world of the last Sokolov" his voice didn't sound like his own and that terrified him but the drug induced voice in his head kept telling him to kill her over and over again.

Cameron nodded wearily as she forced herself to her feet and walked right in front of him, placing her forehead against the barrel of the gun, staring up at him with tears in her eyes.

"O-okay"

"What?"

"Okay, do it. B-but promise me, promise me you'll get to the hospital and get them to save you once I'm gone. If you won't let me help you, if you really want me dead Carlos- then kill me, but don't kill yourself with me. You deserve to live, you need to live like Timur wanted you to-"

"Do not speak her name" he hissed, "you didn't know her, you don't get to speak her name."

"Carlos, please live, don't let this kill you. You've lived through so much, you deserve to live. Kill me if it'll help, but you need to live- I need you to live."

Carlos fought the drugs momentarily and watched the tears streaming down the small woman in front of him.

She stood so bravely, spoke so certainly that it brought him back to that prison when he saw her.

She saved him, not just at the Black Dolphin.

But back when the Prince got her again, when he killed Carlos's wife and imprisoned Carlos- she saved him then too.

It was another night in a pool of his own blood after being beaten in the cellar and left to hang by his hands on chains when the door creaked open and he saw an almost equally beaten woman creep in.

"Cameron?" Carlos's voice was barely a whisper.

"Drink this" she tip toed past the blood and poured a glass of thick almost black liquid into his throat before he could stop her, not that he had the energy to.

"Your heart rate will slow by morning, when you wake in the cart with the other bodies jump off and run as fast as you can. Never utter my name to anyone or they will find you, never mention to anyone that you knew me or my family, don't look back to this place. Get yourself over the boarder somewhere, go to America if you must; just run" she whispered.