Please

//TW for assault at the end of this chapter//

"I still think that we should have gone with my plan" Morgan sighed as he tied up his shoe laces.

"I really don't think that Hotch would believe we've both broken our legs and then they magically got better in time for work on Monday" Cameron chuckled as she anxiously checked the time on her phone for the third time in the last 5 minutes to see how much longer they would have to wait for Hotch to turn up to their 'training run.'

"I told you we shouldn't have arrived so early- I'm all for being punctual but we're so early" Morgan laughed at Cameron's tapping foot.

"No- he's late, and he's never late... maybe something's wrong, what if something happened?"

"He's only 10 minutes late" Morgan pointed out, "plus we were early so it just feels longer."

"But he's never late- when have you ever known him to be late?" Cameron's foot tapped anxiously.

"Maybe we should start without him? Or start doing our real training since we haven't had much time to train with work lately? Have you had a chance to read that book about profiling yet?"

"I've read it twice- very interesting once I figured out how to make the internet work and searched what 50% of the big profiler words were on the thing called 'google,' I still don't understand that name of that website by the way" Cameron chuckled.

"Wait- did you say you read the book twice? It's like 4,000 pages and I only gave it to you like two days ago."

"I'm a quick reader, even quicker if it's in Russian" she smiled before checking her phone again.

"Do you want me to call him?" Morgan asked, confused at her nervousness.

"I-I think we should just go, we can say we waited but couldn't find him or forgot..."

"Why are you so nervous?"

Cameron paused, not wanting to admit to herself let alone Morgan why she was actually nervous about hanging out with Hotch outside of work but not able to lie without her stomach twisting.

"Hello everyone, sorry we're late" Hotch's voice interrupted her thoughts before she could respond. 

She turned to face him with confusion at the use of 'we' before seeing a brown haired woman walking over with a smile.

Hotch nodded a greeting at Morgan but oddly didn't even so much as look at Cameron who waved politely at the other woman who was dressed in form fitting workout gear.

"I'm Beth, sorry to intrude on your session but I'm also training for the triathlon and Aaron said I could join you if that's okay?" She smiled. 

Cameron paused at the annoying drop in her stomach that embarrassed her when she thought of Hotch brining someone else to train with them but she quickly scolded herself in her head and held out a hand to shake Beth's with a smile.

"Of course that's okay- it's lovely to meet you, I'm Cameron."

"And I'm Derek" Morgan smiled with a polite wave at the woman who was stretching her arms casually to warm up.

"How did you two meet?" Morgan made casual conversation as he started warming up as well, Cameron looked around as the conversation continued and realised everyone was warming up except her. She quickly caught on and pretending to be stretching out her legs.

"We actually only met a few days ago in this park, I had seen him running and biking a few times and he offered to help me fix my bike" Beth answered with a smile at Hotch.