A train of inconvenience

"This is going to be awkward" Emily sat back in her office chair and sipped her coffee.

"What is?" JJ walked around with her breakfast in hand, still in 'school drop off' mode as she placed down her bags and brushed off a stain on her blazer from making Henry's lunch.

"Cameron's being made to come back today- do you not remember?" Rossi sat at his desk eating his breakfast bagel.

"Oh" JJ realised, "I completely forgot."

"Charming" Rossi laughed.

"I didn't mean it like that- I've just had a lot to think about lately, I can't keep track of everything" JJ chuckled apologetically.

"What are you all sitting about for? We're leaving now" Hotch walked out of his office with a stern face.

"What? Where are we going? You didn't say we had a jet case today, should we go get our 'to-go' bags?" Reid quickly gathered his things.

"And aren't we waiting for Cameron? Or did you change your mind again" Morgan stayed seated with a mumbled mocking at the end.

"We don't have a jet case, you don't need your bags. We're being asked to take the train across state to our case. A 3 year old child was taken from that train but the CCTV shows no sign of it leaving with anyone on the quiet train. We have to follow the line and figure out how she was taken to find where she could be" he paused, "as for Miss Johnson-"

"Her name is Cameron" Reid's interruption startled everyone, Hotch caught his gaze for a second before continuing.

"As for Cameron, she will be meeting us at the station- that is if she has made the right decision."

"You don't know if she's coming or not? You're not picking her up?" Morgan stood up.

"She signed the papers but she could have very well ran away again, not that it would make much difference. If she has ran away then she'll be found and deported within the week- probably by us" Hotch replied coldly.

"What do you mean?"

"Because we know her, Strauss has said if she tries to run away and avoid deportation we would have to find her" there was a hint of pain in Hotch's voice that he tried to hide.

"That's not fair, we wouldn't do that" Morgan shook his head.

"We wouldn't have a choice" Hotch replied.

"There's always a choice" Reid quietly quoted Cameron. Hotch paused and wanted to close his eyes to take in the words he wished he could hear coming from Cameron again but squared off his shoulders as he left.

"Choices are for dreamers, we have jobs to do- we leave now."

"Do you think she'll come?" Morgan's leg shook anxiously as the team stood on the train station platform.

"I wouldn't if I was her" Emily shrugged.

"But she doesn't really have a choice" JJ added, snacking on a packet of hot Cheetos.

"Poor girl" Rossi shook his head and looked over at Hotch who was reading his files as they waited for the train to pull up, pretending not to be counting the minutes down waiting for Cameron who he was worried wouldn't show up.

"She doesn't deserve this" Rossi pointed out, trying to catch a hint of Hotch's soft expression he had noticed Hotch only had when talking about Cameron but he had hidden it very well today- probably because she wasn't there.