Promises

A soft light danced through the window, trickling through the usually closed black out curtains that Hotch was surprised to see still open when he opened his eyes to his bedroom- a small yawn escaping his lips and a warmth entering his chest when he thought about the night before.

A wonderful blur of intimacy and endearment mixed with passion and feverous lust all tied together with an overwhelming amount of care.

It felt like a dream- so much so that Hotch found himself wondering if it was and had to look besides him to make sure it wasn't.

He smiled when he saw Cameron there- smiling even more at the fact she was awake and seemed to be watching him by how quickly she blushed and closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"Good morning" he chuckled, causing her to open one eye before pretending to yawn.

"Good morning."

"And how long have you been awake?" He prompted knowingly with an amused smile.

"W-what? I've not- I just woken up-" she tried to lie but his laugh cut her off and made her smile, the kind of smile that made his heart ache with how bright it was.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" He turned fully to her, resting his head on the pillow as hers led on his arm tucked under her head.

"Your bed is very comfortable" she nodded before pausing, "o-oh, I'm so sorry- I'm led on your arm, that must not be very comfortable for you-"

Hotch chuckled deeply and pulled her closer before she could wiggle back off his arm, "it's fine, I don't mind being a human pillow for you."

"How kind" she chuckled, letting her eyes scan his face with the kind of affection that made butterflies in Hotch's stomach do flips.

"You're very pretty" she complimented with such certainty to her words, Hotch tilting his head with a surprised and sudden red tint to his cheeks.

"I don't think anyone has called me 'pretty' before" he chuckled.

Cameron tilted her head with a genuine confusion and concern, "that's a shame- because you are very pretty, I'm sorry no one has told you that before."

He paused in awe of how she could make him feel so sure of everything just with her words and her certainty of them.

"Thank you" he felt uncharacteristically blushed which made her smile with a nod.

"You're welcome."

The two stayed like that for a moment in silence; just staring at each other, just taking in the moment they never thought would be.

"Wait- what's the time?" Cameron suddenly sat up with a realisation that it was a workday, pulling the duvet up to cover herself as she did.

"My alarm clock goes off at 6:30am and it hasn't yet so I think we're okay" Hotch chuckled at her sudden panic, sitting up slightly himself and letting himself get caught in her eyes that looked back over her shoulder at him with puzzlement.

"What are you looking at?" She quizzed, he tilted his head with a small smile and leant forward, cupping her cheek and softly pressing his lips to hers, feeling a small smile on hers before she melted into the embrace.

Her hand softly rested on his thigh as his hands found their way to the small of her back, softly drawing her body to lay on his as the kiss evolved.

He felt her pause, leaning back from the kiss slightly and opened his eyes to check if she was okay.