War of emotions (1)

A knock came from the door of Cameron's hotel room, the third knock within the last 10 minutes, all of which she tried to get up to answer  but her leg screamed in pain every time she tried to move.

Hotch was right, it had gotten infected.

Only for a few days and it wasn't infected now but it had slowed down the heeling and the bruising was intense and tender.

She took two sharp deep breaths before rolling herself off the bed and onto the floor with a thump.

"Ow" she almost chuckled at the fact she thought that would be a good idea before she pushed herself to her feet, taking a couple of tablets to help the pain before she followed the wall with her hand for support over to the door that was still being knocked at.

Cameron sighed when she saw who it was through the peephole.

"Yes?" She opened the door slightly but not fully, Hotch pushing it all the way opened and walking in past her.

"Let me see your leg" he commanded.

"Agent Hotchner you cannot just barge into my room at 3am and demand to see my leg" she shook her head with outrage before catching a glimpse of him in the dim light beside her bed when he turned back to her.

His hair was a mess, his under eyes dark as if he hadn't slept in days- of which he hadn't- and his face was plagued with frustration and a hint of something else that stunned her to silence.

"For god sakes Johnson just let me look at it so I can know that you're okay" he exasperated, too tired to hide his concern.

She stared at him for a moment, letting herself look into his eyes for the first time in 4 days since their last blow up at each other where she walked out, not having spoken to him during the last 4 days- forcing herself to cling onto her anger, even angrier that he hadn't been talking to her either other than to order her to continue working on the paperwork and press releases.

He let out a sigh, "Cameron, please just let me make sure you're okay so I can finally go to sleep with out worrying that you're hurt."

Please.

Cameron paused for a moment before shutting the door behind her and limping over to the bed, sitting down and muttering something as she attempted to roll up her pyjama pant leg without wincing which turned out to be a difficult task.

"Let me help you-" he went to do it for her but she moved her leg from him.

"I'm perfectly capable of pulling up my trouser leg by myself thank you very much" she spoke coldly, her stern face illuminated by the small lamp by the hotel room bed.

"Fine" Hotch shook his head and sat by her as she did, trying to ignore the urge to look over and watch how beautifully the small light lit up her face and the naturally thick waves to her hair that he was ashamed to admit he often found himself wishing he could run his fingers through.

"There" she said after a while, he looked down at her leg and paused.

"Jesus Christ Cameron-" he had sunken to his knees and was in front of her looking at her calf before he could finish his sentence.

"I guess that's what happens when you get stabbed with a blunt object" she shrugged awkwardly, "it's fine, it's just bruised and a blood vessel burst-"

"What?!" He exclaimed, "a blood vessel burst?!"

"Do you always have to shout?" She shook her head, "yes, a blood vessel burst but I have a handle on it and it's heeling- it just hurts a lot."

"There's a lot of blood around the stab incision still" he examined it, immediately feeling her tense in pain from his hand brushing her leg.