Chapter 5

Holy shit! My face immediately lit up as I rushed around the bar to give Kim a hug. "Oh my god, Kim! What are you doing here?" Kim used to live next door to my mom and The Reverend. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time at her house growing up. She was never one to stay in one place long. Last I heard she was living in Thailand teaching English.

"Oh well, teaching wasn't for me. I was in South Korea for a bit working for a cosmetic brand, then ended up modeling in New York somehow. Ooh, and I went to BC for a bit and got to go skiing in the Rockies. It was incredible!"

I chuckled as I went back behind the bar. That was Kim for you, you never knew what you were going to get. With her bombshell blonde locks and big brown eyes, it was no wonder that she was working as a model. "Pino?" I asked.

"Hmm, that sounds good, but you guys never had a good Pino. Maybe a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry and lime."

"Of course. How could I forget your ridiculously complicated drink?"

"Hey not all of us are alcohol purists like yourself!"

I smiled heading down the bar to make her drink. She followed me to sit next to Andrew, "Alright, here you go. You need a menu?"

"No, I'm actually meeting someone. We hooked up when I came home to visit pops last month and we've been talking for a bit. He was pretty sweet and not bad looking."

"Glad to hear it. Everyone is going to be so happy to see you. Dean's going to be sad you're taken though."

"I'm actually looking for a job in town so hopefully I'll be around for a few months!"

My eyes widened. That was something I never thought I'd hear, "Wow, Kim Turner actually moving back home? You haven't been here for more then a week in what, seven years?"

"Well it's not certain yet but I'm so excited! It's like a new place again! I got lost on the way here!"

Andrew leaned over to me, "Sorry to interrupt, could I get another whiskey?"

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I apologized reaching back for the bottle, "Andrew, this is my friend Kim."

"Ooh, is this the famous boy you were talking about?" Kim asked wagging her eyebrows at me. I just rolled my eyes at her antics.

"No, we broke up. Long story, but I'll tell you later."

"Nice to meet you Kim." Andrew smiled politely at her as I took away his dirty glass and empty plate.

"Are you single?"

"Kim seriously? You are on a date."

"I'm checking for you dumbass! You're single, time to mingle! Now Andrew, are you single?" Kim was a bulldozer when she set her mind to something. There was no way to stop her when she started.

"Uh yes," Andrew answered.

"Kids?"

"No kids."

"Do you have a job?"

"Yes, I'm a lawyer."

"Why are you drinking by yourself on a Monday?"

"Kim, come on, don't scare away my customers." I interrupted.

"It's cool. This is fun. I'm getting my kitchen redone so I needed to find something to eat nearby."

"Why are you getting your kitchen redone?"

"Needed an upgrade. Not enough counter space. And before you ask, yes,  I cook."

"Smartypants. How old are you?"